Global warming or NOT global warming?

Old February 1st 19, 10:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Global warming or NOT global warming?

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:00:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:

10,000 years is not a long time except to young-earthers such as yourself.

October 23, 4,004 B.C. is only a trifle over 6,000 years ago, and so if he were a
young-Earth Creationist, 10,000 years would not merely be a long time (which it is
for waiting for a burger at McDonald's) but an _impossibly_ long time.

John Savard
Old February 1st 19, 10:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Quadibloc wrote in
:

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:47:44 AM UTC-7, Jibini Kula
Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
wrote in
:

Mastodons haven't been extinct for a "long time,"

Are you claiming there are still some around? Or are you
claiming that 10,000 year isn't a long time?

Obviously, the latter. And while 10,000 years is a very long
time _in some contexts_

Like the one in question, which was in comparison to bringing back
from extinction a species that _isn't currenlty extinct._

Moron.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old February 1st 19, 10:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:

10,000 years is not a long time except to young-earthers such
as yourself.

October 23, 4,004 B.C. is only a trifle over 6,000 years ago,
and so if he were a young-Earth Creationist, 10,000 years would
not merely be a long time (which it is for waiting for a burger
at McDonald's) but an _impossibly_ long time.

I'm beginning to think that Skippy is projecting his own mental
illness onto eveyrone else in a pathetic (and doomed to fail) attempt
to feel less like a freak.

Old February 1st 19, 11:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 5:30:51 PM UTC-5, Terry Austin wrote:

I'm beginning to think...

Don't hurt yourself.
Old February 2nd 19, 02:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:42:15 PM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson slandered:

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 06:24:51 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

The scientists were right about evolution. The scientists were right
about relativity. Science is not to be gainsaid, it is to be heeded
and obeyed.

Snell v2. Rich. Harnagel. They're science deniers. Too stupid, too
uninformed, too dogmatic, too mentally ill to ever be swayed by
objective truth. Not worth the effort.

Which proves that Peterson is not objective.

“There’s only one person you’re guaranteed to spend the rest of your
Life with … yourself. Don’t live the rest of your life with an asshole.”
– QuoteGate
Old February 2nd 19, 02:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 12:42:15 AM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 06:24:51 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 10:40:34 AM UTC-7, Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
wrote in
:
On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 9:24:43 AM UTC-5, Chris L
Peterson wrote:

but there's no doubt that such
events are more frequent and more severe because of it.

There is not enough evidence to support that last "thought."

His lack of doubt has nothing to do with facts,

The scientists were right about evolution. The scientists were right about
relativity. Science is not to be gainsaid, it is to be heeded and obeyed.

Snell v2. Rich. Harnagel. They're science deniers. Too stupid, too
uninformed, too dogmatic, too mentally ill to ever be swayed by
objective truth. Not worth the effort.

I won't speak for Rich or Gary, the way you presume to speak for us, but I am certainly not a science "denier" and I doubt that Rich or Gary are either.

What I am, is someone who is skeptical about the seriousness of a situation that alarmists are using for financial and political gain. Almost all of them are heavy polluters compared even to most of the people in their own industrialized countries.

You, peterson, are one such hypocritical alarmist.

Old February 2nd 19, 06:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

wrote:
Science is not to be gainsaid, it is to be heeded and obeyed.

Do we have any option except to obey it? I mean, how do we disobey
e.g. the law of gravity?
Old February 2nd 19, 07:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

wrote:
Science is not to be gainsaid, it is to be heeded and obeyed.

Do we have any option except to obey it? I mean, how do we disobey
e.g. the law of gravity?

NO ONE disobeys Nature -- EVER.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old February 3rd 19, 12:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ninapenda Jibini

I know you are, but what am I?