Moon's distance from Earth

Old November 5th 17, 01:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Shahine Ali

Default Moon's distance from Earth

I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).
Old November 5th 17, 02:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 12:22:09 PM UTC, Shahine Ali wrote:
I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).

You will fit in well here among those who force themselves to believe the moon rotates 360° as it orbits the Earth. These schoolboys have no idea whatsoever that the original proposals for orbital motion was some sort of electromagnetic effect of the rotation of larger objects on smaller and whether this remains an avenue of research, Kepler's view was the common sense one -

"The Sun and the Earth rotate on their own axes...The purpose of this
motion is to confer motion on the planets located around them;on the
six primary planets in the case of the Sun,and on the moon in the case
of the Earth.On the other hand the moon does not rotate on the axis of
its own body,as its spots prove " Kepler
Old November 5th 17, 03:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 04:22:06 -0800 (PST), Shahine Ali
wrote:

I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).

Which orifice would you like the feedback inserted in?
Old November 5th 17, 04:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Obviously you have made an error...
Old November 6th 17, 07:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Sunday, 5 November 2017 16:33:09 UTC+1, palsing wrote:
Obviously you have made an error...

I think he ought to stay of the triangulation shots as it can easily lead to a state of parallax in the inexperienced drinker.
Old November 6th 17, 08:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

wrote:
I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the

moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar
parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).

That's old news. The diameter of the. Moon is 3476 km which indeed is
less than 6436 km. But mankind has known this for centuries.
Old November 6th 17, 08:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

The moon's orbital motion of the Earth serves as a foundation for putting in context the motion of the faster moving Venus and Mercury around the Sun. The phases of the moon represent its orbital position to the central Earth using the light of the stationary Sun to provide the reference -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ikipedia.GI F

Move this principle to the satellites of other planets while it is difficult with normal telescopes to register the phases, the faster moving Venus moves around the parent Sun in much the same way as a satellite moves around a planet -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZEgoJasPQ

The real challenge is accounting for the Earth's orbital motion in using this perspective but because the central Sun is the primary reference, it is safe to use the transition from left to right and from right to left depending on whether the planet is moving in front of the stationary Sun or behind it.

Old November 7th 17, 05:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 7:22:09 AM UTC-5, Shahine Ali wrote:
I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).

If that's your real name, wouldn't you be more productive picking up a rifle and screaming, "Allahu Akbar?"
Old November 7th 17, 07:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 05:50:02 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 7:22:09 AM UTC-5, Shahine Ali wrote:
I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).

If that's your real name, wouldn't you be more productive picking up a rifle and screaming, "Allahu Akbar?"

Not all persons with foreign-sounding names [to your ears] are cowardly, insane terrorists.

Any more than those desperately needing assault rifles and body armour are wife and child beaters and mass murderers of the defenseless.

Why was this home-grown, cowardly terrorist wearing a bullet-proof vest to church?
Might somebody throw a bible or prayer book at him in self defense?
That would indeed have been "god moving in mysterious ways!"
Old November 8th 17, 02:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 1:41:52 AM UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 05:50:02 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 7:22:09 AM UTC-5, Shahine Ali wrote:
I would like feedback on my you tube videos "math challenges the moon landings", pt.1 and pt.2. I have used triangulation and stellar parallax to show the moon is under 4000 miles(6436km).

If that's your real name, wouldn't you be more productive picking up a rifle and screaming, "Allahu Akbar?"

Not all persons with foreign-sounding names [to your ears] are cowardly, insane terrorists.

The moon landing thing takes care of the insane part.

Any more than those desperately needing assault rifles and body armour are wife and child beaters and mass murderers of the defenseless.

Why was this home-grown, cowardly terrorist wearing a bullet-proof vest to church?
Might somebody throw a bible or prayer book at him in self defense?
That would indeed have been "god moving in mysterious ways!"

One has nothing to do with the other.