Help needed with buying a new scope in Australia

Old May 22nd 17, 04:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Help needed with buying a new scope in Australia

On Saturday, December 30, 2000 at 11:19:56 AM UTC+10, Attila Siha wrote:
Hi to all the Aussies on these groups,
I am new to astronomy, and would like to buy my first scope.
I am after a 6" or 8" Newtonian. I have a choice of the following
brands:

Tasco
York Optical
Starspanner
Scanner

Any ideas as to which is the best quality in optices and tripod ect. ?
I am not experienced and don't have anyone to recomend a brand (the
shops are biased). So I would appreciate any responces from Aussies
that are using these brands, or if you want to recomend another brand
(eg Meade ect).

Any responces would be appreciated.

Regards

Attila