Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old June 6th 15, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA no 90s here.Every morning no Sun,and to cool to tail gate.Have made new innovations to boat,so I will not launch it till July 4th. It should be good sailing weather by then. This has been a cool Spring. TreBert
Old June 7th 15, 06:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 1:28:27 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Global cooling, you know. If you launch July 4th, perhaps you can strap some skyrockets to it for propulsion!

I was the first one to log on to a computer here at the library when it opened at 10 AM on this Sunday morning. Timed it perfectly.

Clear blue skies and 70F here in Gresham as of 10 AM. Got to 88F yesterday.. Expected to make it to 89F this afternoon. Apartment is ground level with a second story above me, so it got no more than 74F inside, even without any air conditioning. I can open the patio door in the mornings to cool it off.

I was turned down for another credit card. Par for the course. The hospital has already ruined my credit record again because of a couple of thousand in co-pays that I owe them. They should be happy for the $20+ thousand they got from Medicare! I automatically wrote the letter to the credit union for my free credit report. You know, back in the old days before Medicare, the whole hospital bills only came to what the co-pays come to now. Nothing has changed in spite of the government's efforts to help us.

Double-A

Old June 8th 15, 06:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Debit works best. Nice bright Sun. No wind and should hit 86 . Will launch boat on July 4th it will fly all the colors.It will make the news like all my boats FULL PAGE I'm hoping for TIME cover.O ya Feeling stronger.Take 11 pills a day. Sandy my police lady we are going out for pizza and Bud for lunch.She helps M&M a lot by doing my hearing,and driving. Bert
Old June 9th 15, 02:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA I have not rented a car for about 10 years.I hardly ever use my credit.I keep my checking with low balance.Use debit for all bills. I like cash money.Today I spent money on Summer stuff.I want to look good when I walk the beach every day. Sandy my lady cop will sip a wine splash.She is off duty when she picks me up. She is a good pool shooter,and that is how we met.(not sure) She drives much better than I Knows all the short cuts.Here is a kicker I can only make out one word she says. OK is the word. As I've told you I'm old enough to be her father. She is 52 I think. Knows everyone.She butters me up by saying "Your amazing " I like that.She gave me a picture of her face. I'll do my best to paint it.She is pretty good looking.Blond and 5 7 Bert
Old June 9th 15, 06:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:54:40 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Are you turned on by women in uniforms?

The last time I tried to rent a car, I was turned down because I didn't have $200 credit left on my card for the deposit. It was the company that "picks you up". So the guy took me back home. But he didn't really want to get back to work any sooner than necessary. He was educated as a teacher, but couldn't get a job doing that, so was frustrated having to work at the car rental company. I had a bunch of rifles and shotguns to sell to make my rent. He had a van. So he gave me a ride over to the gun shop in Beaverton where I needed to go to sell them. I got the money, but it was a long walk home.

Another nice day here in Gresham. Clear skies and currently 73F as of 10:30 AM. Expect 88F later. Yesterday it got to 92F.

Stopped again at the container return center. Took the long walk from there to the library on this lonely morning. It seems like about a mile.

Got a call from a collector yesterday afternoon concerning a $9,000 debt on a credit card from 9 years ago! Got a notice in the mail from them at the same time. I asked him how he got my number and address, but he wouldn't tell me. I think my recently applying for new credit has put my updated information on the credit bureaus. Anyway I told him there was no way I could pay him, not even $25 a month. I thought there was statute of limitations on how long they can collect on old debts. But bankruptcy is my ace in the hole if these guys keep turning up.

Double-A

Old June 10th 15, 07:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA 92 WOW 9 years later that has to tell you something.Do not file bankropsy.He is never going to take you to small claim court Pay cash for every day stuff. If you can save some money "hid it" Do not be afraid to collect SS and still work. I have done it for 21 years. Bert
Old June 11th 15, 01:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 11:55:15 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

A stash of gold comes to mind!

Lovely weather here in Gresham. 79F as of 5:45 PM.

Had a 5 course lunch at the Chinese Garden Buffet in Gresham with Kim. I love her company.

Double-A

Old June 11th 15, 04:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 5:48:57 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

AA Like you Sandy and I eat mostly Chinese when we dine out. Seems you have known Kim for a long time.Hmmmm Gold is good but you can launder 100s at Walmart. Very cool,fine drizzle,and again no beach day Its 9am.Best breakfast is at Mcdonald's .Breakfast club we talked about how rents go up with wages. Bert
Old June 11th 15, 08:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 8:46:44 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Drizzle in LA? Here the beautiful weather is continuing Sunny skies and 65F here in Gresham. Should get up to 78F. The hot weather has passed.

100s are good for hiding your assets. Of course there is the danger of theft. Gold gives a good felling because it has real value. Deep inside you know that cash is only paper. But the price of gold fluctuates. If we could go back to the barter system, we wouldn't need cash.

Bitcoin his being offered as a new form of private currency. But money only consisting of Internet entries doesn't give one much feeling of safety.

Portland is supposedly now going to build some new low income housing projects. We will see what comes of that.

Double-A

Old June 12th 15, 07:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny with small puffy clouds here in Gresham as of 11:15 AM. Temp a little chilly at 62F, but expected to reach an ideal 72F later.

With a Democrat controlled legislature and now a left wing woman Governor, a slew of extremely liberal laws are now sailing through! Oregon may soon raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour to match Washington and SF, and you are now supposed to first take anyone you sell or loan a gun to (even your brother-in-law) to a gun shop for a background check! Who knows what they will charge for that, probably whatever the market will bear! A couple of county sheriff's have already said they will refuse to enforce that law!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM