Off-topic: Need new provider

Old March 20th 20, 03:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Off-topic: Need new provider

In article ,
says...

Two things:
1) Nope, Eternal September probably could I had simply forgotten about it.
2) Close: I have Internet via cablemodem, but via Earthlink which
grandfathered in their USENET access. I was pretty sure at one point they
had upgraded me to 100MB/2MB but only seeing 25MB/2MB right now. For me
alone, that has been adequate. But, now with the entire family home, it's
going to be tight. So for $5/month more, I can get 100MB, and for more money
(depending on how much I want to spend) I can get up to 1GB. Debating how
much I really want. I think I may settle for the 400MB/25MB number (I think
that's an option).

Gotcha. My cable provider's "standard" home ISP service is 200Mpbs for
something like $60 per month. If I do a speed test, I get 220 Mpbs,
which is good. I can work remotely while other family members are
streaming TV like services and etc.

To get this speed to my devices, I've got a pretty nice 2.4/5Ghz Gigabit
(wired) router. Most of my wired devices are Gigabit, which helps.

And in any case, since I have panix for sci.space moderation, I can use that
too for usenet access, so I'm set there.

Cool.

Jeff