Notes, Warning, and Cautions in Flight Data File

Old May 16th 07, 04:51 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Danny Deger

Default Notes, Warning, and Cautions in Flight Data File

Does anyone know the history of having notes, warnings and cautions in the
flight data file at NASA. When I trained shuttle ops from 1990 to 1995, I
noticed there were none. Based on my experience with Air Force check lists
I recommended NASA start using them. I was turned down flatly. The flight
controllers didn't want them.

Now I find out from reading Michael Collin's book on Gemini and Apollo, both
of these programs used them extensively. Anybody know the history of when
NASA stopped using them?

Danny Deger