The Universe as Art

Old January 27th 09, 06:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_32_]

Default Could I live well without storing crap somewhere ? that's the question.

The party's not over until you're dead.
You recently turned 60, I recently turnd 49. By the time I'm 58,
I might be joining you on that proverbial park bench.

If the day comes that I couldn't find and keep a job,
I might develop my “ survival skills ” as you are.
Could I do it without storing crap somewhere ? that's the question.
Old January 27th 09, 06:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default The Universe as Art

On Jan 26, 10:29*pm, "Noah's Dove" wrote:
Why God Didn't Have a Beginning?

09.01.2009

Source: Pravda.Ru

URL:http://english.pravda.ru/science/mys...od_Beginning-0

By Babu G. Ranganathan

We've all asked the question from the age of two. Why did the universe
have a beginning but not God? If God didn't have a beginning why
should the universe have a beginning. Couldn't the universe just have
always existed? Why a need for God?

The answer is found in understanding why the universe had to have a
beginning. Science supports Einstein's claim that the universe is a
closed system. That means it has finite energy. Even though energy
cannot be created or destroyed (by any natural processes), over time
the useful energy in the universe becomes more and more useless. This
is known in science as the Second Law of Thermodynamics. If the
universe were eternal then all of the energy would have become totally
useless by now and I wouldn't be writing this article and you wouldn't
be reading it either!

Isn't the Second Law of Thermodynamics merely an expression of
probability? Yes, but the probability is so high and certain that the
odds of just one calorie of energy spontaneously defying the Second
Law would be trillions times trillions to one, and the universe is
made up of far more than just one calorie of energy!

We know from the First Law of Thermodynamics in science that matter/
energy cannot be created from nothing by any natural process. Since
the second law teaches us that the universe does not have the ability
to have sustained itself from all eternity and first law teaches us
that the universe could not have brought itself into existence, the
only logical and rational conclusion is that a supernatural power
(God) brought the universe into existence. Furthermore, the complexity
and order in the universe logically points to a supreme mind. Disorder
in the universe is because of chance but the high degree of order can
only be rationally explained due to a supreme mind or intelligence.

Natural laws may explain how the order in the universe operates, but
mere undirected natural laws are insufficient to explain the origin of
that order. Even in life, once there is a complete and living cell
then the code and mechanisms exist to direct the formation of more
cells. The problem is how did life come about when there was no
already existing directing code and mechanism in nature.

And what about the stars? Oh, yes, gravity may explain how the order
found in the precise courses of trillions of stars is maintained, but
gravity cannot explain the origin of that order!

What about natural selection? Natural selection is a passive process
in nature making sure that only the fit survive. Natural selection
doesn't produce anything. It can only "select" from what is produced.
Natural selection is not an energy converting and directing mechanism,
and natural selection only operates once there is life and
reproduction and not before.

God's nature doesn't require that He have a beginning. God is self-
sustaining. The universe is not. And because the universe is not
ultimately self-sustaining, the universe requires creation (a
beginning) as well as a supreme designer and a supreme sustainer. In
other words, the universe requires God.

Ultimately, however, scientists concede that the Second Law of
Thermodynamics will conquer the entire universe and the universe, if
left to itself, will end in what scientists predict will be a heat
death because all of the energy in the universe will reach a uniform
state where no more work of any kind will be possible. Even a
contracting and expanding universe would no longer be possible in such
a state. This proves, as mentioned earlier, that the universe could
not be eternal or otherwise it would have long ago reached this point
of uniform energy decay or level.

All of this simply supports the belief that an intelligent power
outside of nature and the universe was responsible for its origin and
order.

Science cannot prove that we came about by creation or by chance
processes, but educators and students should be free to investigate
and make up their own minds as to which position the scientific
evidence best supports.

Belief in neither chance origins nor creation is necessary to the
actual study of science itself. One can understand the human body and
become a first class surgeon regardless of whether he or she believes
the human body is the result of the chance forces of Nature or of a
Supreme Designer.

It takes faith to believe we're here by chance. It takes faith to
believe we were created by God.

The author, Babu G. Ranganathan, has a B.A. degree with concentrations
in theology and biology and has been recognized for his writings on
religion and science in the 24th edition of Marquis "Who's Who In The
East". The author's website may be accessed atwww.religionscience.com.

On Jan 26, 5:11*pm, BradGuth wrote:

On Jan 26, 3:57*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Noah *Universe created by an artist begs the question. Who created the
artist *go figure *TreBert

We can now take a whole lot better look at some of that cosmic eye-
candy.

With 140 db/DR CMOS imaging and absolutely terrific options in
bandpass filters that'll look directly into a vibrant star without
losing the crisp detailed surface, horizon and of whatever is in
nearby orbit. *Actually, nearly that kind of ccd/cmos pixel dynamic
range has existed and been in use for quite some time.

http://www.ims.fraunhofer.de/uploads...ensor_arrays_e...

Camera D/A converters are where the imaging technology buck stops (so
to speak), although more powerful parallel CPUs tend to make a 128 DB
image doable, though 64 DB might be a practical upper limit that only
supercomputers could manage, and perhaps 32 DB for stuff thats on the
fly (so to speak). *However, even by using a 16 DB A/D with such a
dynamic range capable CMOS imager is going to knock some eye-candy
socks off, and if need be via taking multiple scans, one at each 16 DB
portion of *the available dynamic range should be more than good
enough (4 scans could extract 64 DB worth of dynamic range), although
youd likely need a Blue Ray DVD for storing each image.

*~ BG

You think you're funny? (doesn't that take faith?)

Perhaps your God is the one and only true evil, because of all that
eye-candy is eventually going to get us dead no matters how much faith
we have.

What has your faith contributed, as to the quality of life and death
here on Earth? (be very specific, with names, dates and places)

~ BG
Old January 27th 09, 06:45 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_32_]

Default Everything ( lots of bad-ass stuff ) is within walking distance.

You've had more money than me because you fix cars and houses;
bit twiddlers ( like Double-A, Saul Levy and me ) earned far less.
Like any starving artist, my domain is virtual, the mindscape.

Lucky for me, my rent+utilities is only 375 dollars per month
and everything ( lots of bad-ass stuff ) is within walking distance.
Old January 27th 09, 08:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Noah's Dove

Yes, someday in the future the sun may nova or become a red giant.
However there is the gift immortality or eternal life and the promise
of a new heaven and new earth offered to those who
seek and ask for it. Some time in the future God will make away for
his people to go to the stars beyond this small part of the universe.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...754278b4ffceb0

Isa.65

[17] For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former
shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isa.66

[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make,
shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your
name remain.
2Pet.3

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens
and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Rev.21

[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and
the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

John.3
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.

Messianic Prophecy: Review the incredible evidence that Jesus of
Nazareth is the promised Messiah and Saviour.
Be assured that these prophecies were not conspired after-the-fact.
www.messianic-prophecy.net/ - 21k -
Messianic Prophecy: Investigate the statistical odds that one man
would fulfill every single one of them in this sample of just seven.
http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/me...c-prophecy.htm - 25k

Old January 27th 09, 08:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Noah's Dove

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ay_040524.html

"If you've ever wondered how big the universe is, you're not alone.
Astronomers have long pondered this, too,

and they've had a hard time figuring it out. Now an estimate has been
made, and its a whopper.

The universe is at least 156 billion light-years wide." - Robert Roy
Britt

Will it be possible for people to explore the wonders of the heavens
beyond our Milky Way galaxy to the outer limits of this universe? I
have to admit it I like some of the ideas presented in the Startrek
tv series and movies... like the idea of boldly going
where no one has gone before...to explore strange new worlds...etc.

But presently, there are no starships available with warp
capability.
And even if there were, with mankind's limited life span one would not
be able to go to far to explore the universe even in several life
spans.

It's more likely God will provided another way to get there. After all
it says in the Bible
that God created the heavens, the earth and the stars. And if there
is a gift of eternal life or
immortality given to His people then with God's help anything is
possible.

So, It is unlikely that God would keep His people confined to one
little corner of the universe. ?

Some Biblical References :

Gen.1

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[16] And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day,
and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Pss.8

[1] O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who
hast set thy glory above the heavens.
[[3] When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon
and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
[4] What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man,
that thou visitest him?
[5] For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast
crowned him with glory and honour.
[6] Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;
thou hast put all things under his feet:
[9] O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Pss.19

[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth
his handywork.
[2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth
knowledge.
[3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
[4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to
the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
[5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth
as a strong man to run a race.
[6] His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit
unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
[7] The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony
of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Pss.136

[1] O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy
endureth for ever.
[2] O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[3] O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[4] To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[5] To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[6] To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his
mercy endureth for ever.
[7] To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:
[8] The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:
[9] The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for
ever.

Pss.147

[1] Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God;
for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
[2] The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the
outcasts of Israel.
[3] He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
[4] He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their
names.
[5] Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is
infinite.
[6] The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the
ground.

Pss.148

[1] Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise
him in the heights.
[2] Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
[3] Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
[4] Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the
heavens.
[5] Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they
were created.
[6] He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a
decree which shall not pass.

Amos.5

[8] Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the
shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night:
that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the
face of the earth: The LORD is his name:

John.14

[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I
would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and
receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev.7

[17] For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed
them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God
shall
wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev.21

[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and
the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God
out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the
tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they
shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their
God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there
shall
be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be
any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things
new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and
faithful.
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the
fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his
God, and he shall be my son...

Rev.22

[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal,
proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the
river,
was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and
yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for
the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of
the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their
foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle,
neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and
they shall reign for ever and ever.

1Cor.2

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither
have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath
prepared for them that love him.

John.3

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.

Dan.12

[3] And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the
firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars
forever and ever

Eph.2
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Cor.4
[17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for
us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
[18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the
things
which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but
the things which are not seen are eternal.
Rom.2
[7] To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory
and honour and immortality, eternal life:
1Cor.15
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal
must put on immortality.
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and
this
mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass
the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Luke.1

[37] For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Is there good reason to have this hope? Yes, much assurance can be
found in the Bible and Messianic Prophecies:

Messianic Prophecy: Review the incredible evidence that Jesus of
Nazareth is promised Messiah

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...thread/0275427...

would fulfill every single one of them in this sample of just seven.http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/me...-prophecy.htm- 25k

Old January 27th 09, 08:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

[...]

We simply do not believe you, and that's our faith. As per usual, you
are a false profit. You have contributed nothing of value, and yet
you oddly feel good about that.

In other words, if this world were populated by false profits like
yourself, within one generation we'd all starve to death, or worse.

~ BG
Old January 27th 09, 08:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

We have great faith that you are a false profit.

Do something/anything positive or constructive that actually improves
the quality of life for another human, animal or plant, then report
back.

~ BG

read more

Old January 27th 09, 04:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

I really wouldn't rely on some FICTICIOUS GOD to take us to the stars!
lmfjao!

RELIGIOUS WACKO NUTJOB!

We will do it ourselves the HARD WAY, as usual!

Saul Levy

Old January 27th 09, 10:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

We have WartPiggy, BradBoi! lmfjao!

Now talk about a FALSE PROPHET! There is NONE BIGGER!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I sure AIN'T starving! Went shopping yesterday and the shelves were
FULL OF FOOD and other things! Too bad that WartPiggy's claim for
MASSIVE FAMINE LAST SUMMER turned out so WRONG! His score remains:
ZERO!

Saul Levy

Old January 27th 09, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Noah's Dove

The Astronomical Argument.

http://www.gmau.org/ThinkingCaps/tcap29.htm

Astronomy looks at the largest portion of God's handiwork. The Bible
says, "The Heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth
his handiwork." It also states, "For the invisible things of him from
the creation of the world are clearly seen." 90% of all astronomers
believe in God. The 1st law of Thermodynamics, the 2nd law, Einstein's
General Theory of Relativity, Edwin Hubbles plots of the velocity and
distance of galaxies and the residual microwave energy in the universe
all point to a creation event and a creator. Those who have most
thoroughly examined his handiwork believe in God. Concluding his paper
on the General Theory of Relativity, Einstein wrote not only of the
necessity for a beginning, but of his desire "to know how God created
this world... I want to know His thought."

There is the cosmological argument. Cosmos - order, structure, beauty
- we get cosmetics from this Greek word. Quantum physics has
demonstrated that at the level of subatomic particles, there is an
irresistible urge of electrons toward symmetry and that there is an
amazing cosmetic or orderly aspect to the universe. Consider some of
the order in the universe:

the sun shows up every 24 hours
the moon appears in the sky every 25 hours
ocean tides rise and fall every 12.5 hours
the sun's temp rises and falls every 11 years
as the moon's gravitational pull alters due to its orbits and position
with the sun, it alters its tug on the earth's atmosphere resulting in
20 year cycles of floods and droughts
the Norwegian lemmings leap from the cliffs every 3.86 years
the terns swarm in to hatch their eggs on Ascension Island every 9.7
months
the lynx population of Canada rises and falls every 9.6 years
our solar system is on a 93,408 year rotational cycle, just as our
earth is on a 365.25 day cycle
average levels of barometric pressure, precipitation and the growth of
pine trees and sweet potatoes hit their highs and low together every 8
years
every 9.2 years, the abundance of grasshoppers and partridge, and the
water levels in U.S. lakes hit highs
there are hundreds of well-known 8-year, 9.2-year, 9.6-year, and 18.2-
year cycles, each unique but all pulsing in synchrony.
Mark Twain once said, "The same Nature which delights in periodic
repetition in the skies is the Nature which orders the affairs of
earth. Let us not underrate the value of that hint."

Although the exact mechanisms relating sunspots and meteorological
cycles, lunar and geological cycles, climate and crop, flora and fauna
cycles are not fully understood, the coincidences of similar cycles
are too pervasive to be explained by mere chance. The cosmological
argument screams out "There is a God who designed and cares for His
creation."

There is the teleological argument. Telos - the end... the view which
sees that in the universe things are designed for a purpose, for an
end. Atheists and evolutionists (sorry for the redundancy) detest the
words purpose or teleology because they believe that the world has no
purpose. It is all one gigantic accident, simply the concatenation of
atoms that happened to come together in a chance fashion. It is hard
for the human mind to disregard the fantastic number of evidences that
Someone has been providing for our well-being.

a. The mass and size of this planet are just right. If it was 10%
larger or smaller, life would not be possible upon this planet. It is
just the right distance from the sun for heat and cold. Farther and we
would freeze, closer and we would be baked.
b. Consider the tilt of the axis of the earth. No other planet has our
23 degree tilt. This enables all parts of the surface to have sun
light. Without this, the poles would build up enormous ice and the
equator would become intensely hot.
c. Consider the moon. God has provided it as a maid to clean up the
oceans and the shores of all our continents. Without the tides created
by the moon, all our harbors and shores would become one stench pool
of garbage. The tides and waves based upon the moon's movement and
gravitational pull aerate the oceans and provide oxygen for the
plankton, which is the very foundation of the food chain of our world.
Without plankton, there would not be oxygen and man would not be able
to live on the earth. The moon is the right size and the right
distance from the earth. Agnostic astronomer Robert Jastrow concludes
in his book God and the Astronomers, "For the scientist who has lived
by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream.
He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the
highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted
by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
d. Consider the atmosphere. We live under a great ocean of air --- 78%
nitrogen and 21% oxygen. Spectrographic studies of other planets in
the stellar universe show that no other atmosphere, no other part of
the known universe is made up of these same ingredients. These
elements are continually mixed by the tidal effect of the moon, giving
man the right balance.
e. Consider the nitrogen cycle. It is inert -- if not, we would all be
poisoned by different forms of nitrous combinations. Because of its
inertness, it is impossible for us to get it to combine naturally with
other things. God gets it out of the air and into the soil for plants
by the lightning. 100,000 lightning bolts strike this planet daily,
creating a hundred million tons of usable nitrogen plant food in the
soil every year.
f. Consider the ozone layer, forty miles up. If compressed it would be
only a 1/4 of an inch thick, and yet without it life could not exist.
Eight killer rays from the sun bombard our planet. Without the ozone,
we would be burned, blinded and broiled by them in just a day or two.
The most deadly of these rays are allowed through the ozone layer in
just a very thin amount, enough to kill the green algae, which
otherwise would grow to fill all the lakes, rivers and oceans of the
world.
g. Consider the thin rock crust beneath us, thinner than the skin of
an apple in comparison. Beneath that is the molten lava that forms the
core of this earth. So man lives between the burning, blackening rays
above and that molten lava below, either of which would burn him to a
crisp. Yet man is totally oblivious that God has so arranged things
that he can exist in such a world as this.
h. Consider the water. Nowhere else in the universe do we find water
in any abundance except here on the earth. Water, the amazing solvent,
dissolves almost everything upon this earth except those things which
are life-sustaining. The small drop is in itself ever so complex. It
would take 5 billion people, each counting 1 atom every second, 30,000
years to count the number of atoms in a single drop of water. This
amazing liquid existing as ice, breaks up rocks, and produces soil. As
snow, it stores up water in the valleys. As rain, it waters and
cleanses the earth. As vapor, it provides moisture for much of the
arable land of this earth. It exists as cloud cover, in just the right
amount. If we had clouds like Venus, Earth could not exist. But we
have exactly 50% of the surface of the earth covered by clouds at any
one time, allowing just the right amount of sunlight to come through.
Without these clouds and the tilt of the earth it would be 176 degrees
at the equator during the day and minus 220 degrees at night. As
steam, it runs the powerful machinery that we have here on the earth.
Other than bismuth it is the only liquid that is heavier at 4 degrees
C than it is at freezing. If this were not so, life could not exist on
this planet. When it is frozen, it is lighter and it rises. If this
were not so, lakes and rivers would freeze from the bottom up and kill
all fish. The algae would be destroyed and our oxygen supply would
cease, and mankind would die.
i. Consider even the dust; the nemesis of the homemaker. If it were
not for dust, we would never see a blue sky, Seventeen miles above
this planet there is no dust from the earth, and the sky is always
black. If it were not for dust, it would never rain. One drop of rain
is made up of eight million droplets of water, and each one of those
eight million droplets is wrapped around a tiny particle of dust.
Think about that the next time you drink the rain water. But without
it, the world would become parched and life would cease to exist.
j. Consider the human being and the wonder of God's design. Our life
is based upon the blood that flows in our veins. The amazing red blood
cell, created in the bone marrow, immediately gives up its nucleus
when it reaches the bloodstream. For any other cell, this would mean
death, like cutting the heart right out of a man. A red blood cell is
formed like a doughnut with a thin membrane across the hole. Without a
nucleus it is able to carry more oxygen for the body because of this
membrane and the shape of the cell. If it were shaped like other
cells, it would require nine times as many cells to provide oxygen for
the human body.
k. Then there is the wonder of the eye. How could anybody look at a
human eye and suppose that it just happened? Evolutionists tell us
that where there is want, nature will provide what is needed. Can you
imagine that we needed sight? No one had ever seen anything, but there
was a need to see something. So nature created an eye. Imagine
creating two eyes on a horizontal plane so that we not only can see
but we also have a range finder that determines distances. When
confronted with darkness the eye increases its ability to see one
hundred thousand times. The finest camera ever made does not even
vaguely approach such a thing, but the human eye does it
automatically. The eye will find the object it wants to see and focus
upon it automatically. It will elongate or compress itself. Both eyes
moving together must take different angels to fix themselves upon what
is to be seen. When the eye got ready to create itself, it also had
the forethought for its own protection, and built itself beneath the
bony ridge of the brow, and also provided a nose on which to hang the
glasses that most of us need. Then it provided a shutter to protect
itself from any foreign object. Inside my eye are 107 millions cells
all working together to give me sight. I can distinguish a thousand
shades of color. I can distinguish a spectrum of light so broad that
the brightest light I perceive is a billion times brighter than the
dimmest. How ludicrous to think that it happened by chance.
l. Consider what happens to your tears that continually flow across
your eye. In order to keep the eye moist and clean, a wash is
constantly supplied by a secretion for that purpose; and the
superfluous or extra brine is conveyed to the nose through a
perforation in the bone as large as a goose quill. When once the fluid
has entered the nose, it spreads itself upon the inside of the nostril
and is evaporated by the current of warm air which in the course of
breathing is continually passing over it. It is easily perceived that
the eye must want moisture; but could the want of the eye generate the
gland which produces the tear, or bore the hole by which it is
discharged --- a hole through a bone? Let the atheist or the
evolutionist tell us who bored the hole in the bone and laid a water
pipe through it for the dispersion of our tears. Princeton physicist
Freeman Dyson said, "The more I examine the universe and the details
of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in
some sense must have known we were coming."
m. Consider the incredible mind of man. Weighing but 3.3 pounds, it
can perform what 500 tons of electrical and electronic equipment
cannot do. Containing 10 to 15 billion neurons, each a living unit in
itself, it performs feats that absolutely boggle the imagination. Just
the eye alone sends the brain millions of simultaneous reports every
second. The brain then absorbs a composite set of yes or no messages
from all the rods and cones in the eye. It sorts and organizes them
all and gives me an image of an object I hold in my hand.
n. Consider your immune system. Despite the fact that most
microorganisms are necessary and good, throughout our lifetimes each
of us encounters tens of thousands of different infectious bacteria,
viruses, fungi and parasites. Even more remarkable is the fact that
most of the time our immune system disables these potentially lethal
invaders before we ever show any symptoms of infection. At any given
time there are more than 100,000 unique sentries posted throughout
your body which identify invaders, sound the alarm, and even issue
specific chemical instructions for their destruction. These sentries
may also be thought of as tiny doctors who identify a potential
illness, discover the cure, and apply it even before the infection
gets underway. I have 50 billion active white cells prowling in my
body right now. When an invader enters my body, the white blood cells
somehow receive the alert and rush to the scene. They throw themselves
around the bacteria and implode, destroying themselves and the
invader. Just in case it is needed, there is a backup of white blood
cells one hundred times larger in the bone marrow. The fact that even
medical researchers are in awe over the design of our immune system
verifies what the Bible says, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
o. Consider the ear on the side of my head. I can detect sound
frequencies that flutter my eardrums as faintly as one billionth of a
centimeter (a distance one tenth the diameter of a hydrogen atom).
This vibration is transmitted into my inner ear by three bones
familiarly known as the hammer, anvil, and stirrup. When the frequency
of middle C is struck on a piano, the piston of bones in my inner ear
vibrates 256 times a second. Further in are individual cilia,
comparable to the rods and cones of the eye, that transmit specific
messages of sound to the brain. My brain combines these messages with
other factors --- how well I like that kind of music, how familiar I
am with the piece being played, the state of my digestion, the friends
I am with --- and offers the combination of impulses in a form I
perceive as pleasure. And, all of this just by random chance?
Stephen Hawking (A Brief History of Time, from the Big Bang to Black
Holes), perhaps the world's most brilliant astrophysist in discussing
the Big Bang theory stated, "It would be very difficult to explain why
the universe should have begun in just this way, except as the act of
a God who intended to create beings like us."

We are designed for a purpose. We live in a universe prepared and
designed for us.

A couple of years ago, I read a Time Magazine article titled, "God is
Dead." In that article, there was a picture of a wall in Europe. Upon
it was written in big letters, "God is Dead. signed Nietzsche." Under
it, some enlightened soul had penned the words, "Nietzsche is
dead. ... signed God."

In conclusion, people who reject or ignore God do so, not because
science or reason requires them to, but purely and simply because they
want to! But the open-mined, logical and reasonable person will
believe there is a God.

But, it's not enough to "believe" there is a God. You must "believe"
in God. "Believe" (pisteuo) implies an action on your part. The man in
Acts 16:30 had this on his mind when he asked, "Sirs, what must I do
to be saved?" (sodzo) - delivered from a black foreverness; a time of
eternal torment; a time of excruciating pain and punishment for my
sins; a total separation from the God who loved me and offered a way
out. Paul's response was, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou
shalt be saved." There's that word again: "believe." It means: to be
persuaded of, to place confidence in, reliance upon, not mere
credence, to believe and receive.

Humans have the freedom to choose who their master will be, but they
do not have the freedom to choose no master.

Pleasant Thinking,

Another universe Pete L Misc 2 July 30th 07 10:23 AM
Infinite Universe versus volatile Universe G. L. Bradford Policy 3 June 21st 06 12:49 PM
Getting to Know the Universe G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 28 July 23rd 05 02:42 PM
"The Universe is Big" Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 4 June 9th 05 11:41 PM
parllel universe have diffrent speed of light 128 168 300 299 thats how you find diffrent universe i'm from the planet earth that is the 7th from the sun stuck on one that the planet is 3rd from the sun the speed of light is 128 and 32 dimentions Roger Wilco Misc 1 December 30th 03 10:15 PM