The Universe as Art

Old January 26th 09, 12:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default The Universe as Art

Noah Universe created by an artist begs the question. Who created the
artist go figure TreBert

Old January 26th 09, 01:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_32_]

Default Religion is about hoping for “ something better ”.

Religion is about hoping for “ something better ”.
I'm not religious because I'm just glad for the gifts I've received,
I know full well that the party won't last forever.
Old January 26th 09, 02:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Jeff You post show you are a clever easy going guy. You would not hurt a
fly. I think you are a computer genius. You do not ask for a hell of a
lot,and more likely you give more than you receive. Better to be a nice
person than a religious no good ******* treBert

Old January 26th 09, 06:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Where's the party, Jeff? lmfjao!

I wanna go!

Saul Levy

Old January 27th 09, 12:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Noah's Dove

Yes, good question. Who create the artist behind the universe? Does
the universe have a beginning or is it infinite and eternal? In math
we have term called infinity.
Infinity is related to time. If God exists his nature must be
infinite, personal and eternal. God is the beginning and the end.
That is how God is also revealed in the Bible.

Rev.21

[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the
fountain of the water of life freely.

1Tim.1

[17] Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise
God...

Old January 27th 09, 01:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jan 26, 3:57*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Noah *Universe created by an artist begs the question. Who created the
artist *go figure *TreBert

It's artists all the way down, Bert.

Double-A

Old January 27th 09, 01:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jan 26, 4:29*am, Jeff▲Relf wrote:
Religion is about hoping for “ something better ”.
I'm not religious because I'm just glad for the gifts I've received,
I know full well that the party won't last forever.

I thought the party was already over for you, Jeff. It feels like
it's over for me.

Double-A

Old January 27th 09, 02:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 26, 3:52*pm, "Noah's Dove" wrote:
Yes, good question. * Who create the artist behind the universe? *Does
the universe have a beginning or is it infinite and eternal? *In math
we have term called infinity.
Infinity is related to time. *If God exists his nature must be
infinite, personal and eternal. God is the beginning and the end.
That is how God is also revealed in the Bible.

Rev.21

[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the
fountain of the water of life freely.

1Tim.1

[17] Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise
God...

On Jan 26, 3:57*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Noah *Universe created by an artist begs the question. Who created the
artist *go figure *TreBert

According to your faith, it's all nothing but inert eye-candy, isn't
it.

~ BG
Old January 27th 09, 02:11 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 26, 3:57*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Noah *Universe created by an artist begs the question. Who created the
artist *go figure *TreBert

We can now take a whole lot better look at some of that cosmic eye-
candy.

With 140 db/DR CMOS imaging and absolutely terrific options in
bandpass filters that'll look directly into a vibrant star without
losing the crisp detailed surface, horizon and of whatever is in
nearby orbit. Actually, nearly that kind of ccd/cmos pixel dynamic
range has existed and been in use for quite some time.

http://www.ims.fraunhofer.de/uploads...rays_en_07.pdf

Camera D/A converters are where the imaging technology buck stops (so
to speak), although more powerful parallel CPUs tend to make a 128 DB
image doable, though 64 DB might be a practical upper limit that only
supercomputers could manage, and perhaps 32 DB for stuff thats on the
fly (so to speak). However, even by using a 16 DB A/D with such a
dynamic range capable CMOS imager is going to knock some eye-candy
socks off, and if need be via taking multiple scans, one at each 16 DB
portion of the available dynamic range should be more than good
enough (4 scans could extract 64 DB worth of dynamic range), although
youd likely need a Blue Ray DVD for storing each image.

~ BG
Old January 27th 09, 07:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Noah's Dove

Why God Didn't Have a Beginning?

09.01.2009

Source: Pravda.Ru

By Babu G. Ranganathan

We've all asked the question from the age of two. Why did the universe
have a beginning but not God? If God didn't have a beginning why
should the universe have a beginning. Couldn't the universe just have
always existed? Why a need for God?

The answer is found in understanding why the universe had to have a
beginning. Science supports Einstein's claim that the universe is a
closed system. That means it has finite energy. Even though energy
cannot be created or destroyed (by any natural processes), over time
the useful energy in the universe becomes more and more useless. This
is known in science as the Second Law of Thermodynamics. If the
universe were eternal then all of the energy would have become totally
useless by now and I wouldn't be writing this article and you wouldn't
be reading it either!

Isn't the Second Law of Thermodynamics merely an expression of
probability? Yes, but the probability is so high and certain that the
odds of just one calorie of energy spontaneously defying the Second
Law would be trillions times trillions to one, and the universe is
made up of far more than just one calorie of energy!

We know from the First Law of Thermodynamics in science that matter/
energy cannot be created from nothing by any natural process. Since
the second law teaches us that the universe does not have the ability
to have sustained itself from all eternity and first law teaches us
that the universe could not have brought itself into existence, the
only logical and rational conclusion is that a supernatural power
(God) brought the universe into existence. Furthermore, the complexity
and order in the universe logically points to a supreme mind. Disorder
in the universe is because of chance but the high degree of order can
only be rationally explained due to a supreme mind or intelligence.

Natural laws may explain how the order in the universe operates, but
mere undirected natural laws are insufficient to explain the origin of
that order. Even in life, once there is a complete and living cell
then the code and mechanisms exist to direct the formation of more
cells. The problem is how did life come about when there was no
already existing directing code and mechanism in nature.

And what about the stars? Oh, yes, gravity may explain how the order
found in the precise courses of trillions of stars is maintained, but
gravity cannot explain the origin of that order!

What about natural selection? Natural selection is a passive process
in nature making sure that only the fit survive. Natural selection
doesn't produce anything. It can only "select" from what is produced.
Natural selection is not an energy converting and directing mechanism,
and natural selection only operates once there is life and
reproduction and not before.

God's nature doesn't require that He have a beginning. God is self-
sustaining. The universe is not. And because the universe is not
ultimately self-sustaining, the universe requires creation (a
beginning) as well as a supreme designer and a supreme sustainer. In
other words, the universe requires God.

Ultimately, however, scientists concede that the Second Law of
Thermodynamics will conquer the entire universe and the universe, if
left to itself, will end in what scientists predict will be a heat
death because all of the energy in the universe will reach a uniform
state where no more work of any kind will be possible. Even a
contracting and expanding universe would no longer be possible in such
a state. This proves, as mentioned earlier, that the universe could
not be eternal or otherwise it would have long ago reached this point
of uniform energy decay or level.

All of this simply supports the belief that an intelligent power
outside of nature and the universe was responsible for its origin and
order.

Science cannot prove that we came about by creation or by chance
processes, but educators and students should be free to investigate
and make up their own minds as to which position the scientific
evidence best supports.

Belief in neither chance origins nor creation is necessary to the
actual study of science itself. One can understand the human body and
become a first class surgeon regardless of whether he or she believes
the human body is the result of the chance forces of Nature or of a
Supreme Designer.

It takes faith to believe we're here by chance. It takes faith to
believe we were created by God.

The author, Babu G. Ranganathan, has a B.A. degree with concentrations
in theology and biology and has been recognized for his writings on
religion and science in the 24th edition of Marquis "Who's Who In The
East". The author's website may be accessed at www.religionscience.com.

http://www.ims.fraunhofer.de/uploads...ensor_arrays_e...

Another universe Pete L Misc 2 July 30th 07 10:23 AM
Infinite Universe versus volatile Universe G. L. Bradford Policy 3 June 21st 06 12:49 PM
Getting to Know the Universe G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 28 July 23rd 05 02:42 PM
"The Universe is Big" Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 4 June 9th 05 11:41 PM
parllel universe have diffrent speed of light 128 168 300 299 thats how you find diffrent universe i'm from the planet earth that is the 7th from the sun stuck on one that the planet is 3rd from the sun the speed of light is 128 and 32 dimentions Roger Wilco Misc 1 December 30th 03 11:15 PM