Al Gore and Gov Arnold @ JPL

Old January 25th 04, 03:55 PM
Davoud

Default Al Gore and Gov Arnold @ JPL

Davoud:
Al Gore was *invited* because he is a technology-savvy man who
supported NASA and other technological initiatives over many years (and
was in large part responsible for the development of the Internet as
the public medium that it is). But you knew that, because you don't
rely on rumors, innuendo and lies to inform yourself, but instead read
the Congressional record, right?

Orion replied:
I know ALGORE said he invented the Internet.
'nuff said...

******

No, not quite enuf, ignoramus, because Al Gore said no such thing.

On March 9, 1999, Al Gore appeared with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's _Late
Edition_. Blitzer asked Gore to explain what set him apart from Bill
Bradley, his opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination. One
of the things that Gore said in response was ³During my service in the
United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.
I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives
that have proven to be important to our countryıs economic growth,
environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.²

Gore's assertion raised no eyebrows because:
a) it was typical talk from a man seeking the presidency.
b) it was true, and the non-partisan Congressional Record, which it
turns out you have *not* read, proves that it was true. Gore was one of
the first people in Congress to recognize that DARPANET, a national
computer communications network that served the DoD, its contractors
and university researchers, had great potential to benefit the country
both socially and economically if it were expanded and made accessible
to everyone -- including liars like you, and truth-seekers like me. But
such an expansion and conversion required $$, and only Congress could
authorize the funds for the creation of the Internet that liars like
you and truth-seekers like me know today. Al Gore took the initiative
in pushing for the spending to create the Internet.

The interview made news only later, when liars like yourself twisted
Gore's words to suit their own purposes.

Here's a challenge for you. When, where, and to whom did Al Gore say
that he invented the Internet? You "know" that he said it, so I
challenge you to assume the burden of proof.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Old January 25th 04, 04:29 PM
Rod Mollise

I know ALGORE said he invented the Internet.
'nuff said...

Hi:

Except he didn't say that. If you want to critcize the man, fine. But do it on
some grounds other than foolishness repeated in the silly media. You _know_ he
said that only because you've heard it repeated by the blow-dry brigade on TV.
Might be a good time to wonder about all the _other_ stuff you "know" because
they _told_ you.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Old January 25th 04, 06:11 PM
Jon Isaacs

Gore is totally boring. too much education. when he was in office,
no war and no deficit, even. totally boring. but now we have a real
action figure at the helm. this new year should be better than an
arnold movie. just watch the headlines. fasten your seatbelts,
fellow citizens
jc

Possibly any of you out there writing action movies might just sit back and
take it all in for a while.....:-) As they say, Truth is stranger than
fiction.....

jon isaacs