Eyes on the solar system

Old September 22nd 15, 11:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Eyes on the solar system

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 11:16:54 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:
On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 10:59:35 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

Everything in the solar system, including the Earth, rotates with respect to everything else in the solar system, and the values are different for every object....

See, I told you I never said, "...the Earth rotates at a different rate to all external objects..." I clearly said "solar system"... and I'm right, you are wrong, and so shall it ever be.

Deal with it.

Dear, oh dear, oh dear . That finished any possible correspondence and nobody could expect a person to go beyond the unethical attempt to introduce two rotations rates based on a 'solar vs sidereal ' fiction let alone your escape into insanity.

We have no possible basis for any conversation since you are dumb as a post and twice as unteachable as a brick wall, and heaven knows I've tried as much as anyone. You don't believe things that you can see with your own eyes and measure with 2 sticks and a stopwatch, and no one can convince you otherwise, so conversations are not on the agenda. Is it unethical to ignore what you can easily measure and deny the obvious results?

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig"
- Robert Heinlein

Old September 23rd 15, 07:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 11:13:00 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 11:16:54 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:
On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 10:59:35 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

Everything in the solar system, including the Earth, rotates with respect to everything else in the solar system, and the values are different for every object....

See, I told you I never said, "...the Earth rotates at a different rate to all external objects..." I clearly said "solar system"... and I'm right, you are wrong, and so shall it ever be.

Deal with it.

You make the ideological thugs of the Middle East look like gentlemen for you exercise none of the intelligence needed to trace the development of clocks and the Lat/Long system to a definite Equatorial speed of 1037.5 miles per hour and a rotation of the entire planetary circumference in 24 hours.

Again, no hell could be worse than not being able to enjoy a sunrise or sunset followed by the appearance of the stars due to a single rotation of the planet. Being unapologetic doesn't matter, it just means you never really lived but merely exist and poison others in the same way you lost the ability to connect with the greater life into which you were born.

Old September 23rd 15, 07:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 00:13:00 UTC+2, palsing wrote:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig"
- Robert Heinlein

And bemuses all the other pigs watching you pin 1461 on the same pig's arse over and over and over again.

Have you considered using a nail gun? ;ø]
Old September 23rd 15, 07:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 12:16:54 PM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:

Dear, oh dear, oh dear . That finished any possible correspondence and nobody
could expect a person to go beyond the unethical attempt to introduce two
rotations rates based on a 'solar vs sidereal ' fiction let alone your escape
into insanity.

The idea of the Earth's rotation "with respect to Jupiter" does sound pretty
stupid, doesn't it?

After all, Jupiter's motion doesn't have any necessary relation to that of the
Earth.

Sure, you could say that the earth would lose one day in 12 years, from a
starting point of 366 1/4 rotations a year, because Jupiter orbits the Sun in
twelve years, but what's the point?

However, while the 24-hour day is very useful in daily life, to call it the
"true rotation" of the Earth is just as crazy, because the Earth's orbit isn't
a perfect circle, nor in the plane of the Equator. So the 24-hour day is
regular on a clock, but the Earth's rotation with respect to the Sun is
irregular, changing over the course of a year.

Of course, the Earth's rotation with respect to Jupiter would change in even a
more complex and irregular pattern, because both the Earth's orbit and
Jupiter's orbit would be involved. More importantly, that compound motion is of
no practical use.

John Savard