New CBS TV Series Making Nuclear War Thinkable And Great Fun For Everyone

Old December 8th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default New CBS TV Series Making Nuclear War Thinkable And Great Fun For Everyone

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "brique" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote in message
: : : .. .
: : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :In article ,
: : : : : Mark Nobles wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : In article ,
: : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : :In article ,
: : : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : : :Okay. Make me.
: : : : : :
: : : : : : I see. You're just a hypocrite. It wouldn't be 'proper' to just skip
: : : : : : you, so by your own argument above you HAVE to leave.
: : : : : :
: : : : : :No, I'm just tired of the back-and-forth with someone who doesn't make
: : : : : :any sense.
: : : : :
: : : : : Then you should stop talking to yourself...
: : : : :
: : : : : Unless you're me, even *that* doesn't make any sense, chief. See what I
: : : : : mean? Way to prove my point for me.
: : : : :
: : : : : This might be a good case to write up for a psych journal. The guy is
: : : : : so psychotic he thinks that _he_ is a voice in _your_ head.
: : : : :
: : : : :heh Good one.
: : : :
: : : : Yeah, if you're an idiot. You two should work on your reading
: : : : comprehension skills.
: : : :
: : : :Which tends to be the conclusion that Fred reaches in all his threads.....
: : :
: : : Not all of them. Only the ones with idiots.
: : :
: : : :Um..... maybe its his writing skills that need polishing, then all these
: : : :folk wouldn't be having so much trouble comprehending it all the time.....
: : :
: : : You mean 'all those idiots'...
: : :
: : :Yep, the box marked "gets along well with others" is always checked
: : :'no' when it comes to Freddy.
: :
: : You misspelled 'idiots' as 'o-t-h-e-r-s', you idiot...
: :
: :No, you seem to think everyone is inferior to you. You need anger
: :management and counseling for starters.
:
: Not everyone. But certainly you.
:
: :Has anyone ever issued a restraining order against you?
:
: Has anyone ever asked a judge to declare you incompetent to manage
: your own affairs?
:
:Nope, never. I do quite well actually. I certainly don't foster a need
:to feel superior to everybody else as you do. And those delusions of
:grandeur seem oddly misplaced on you.

And are you usually stupid enough to bite silly rhetorical hooks?

:Freddy, deep down inside you get that I have something you need. That
:is why you continue to repsond. Now if you were more open about that
:then you might actually get it. And before you go off with some lame,
:"you're not my type" BS, ask yourself why you continue to respond to
:me. Why, Freddy?

Because it takes virtually no time and even less thought to slap you
around. It's best when you self-advertise what a git you are.

So just why do YOU keep injecting yourself, whether I'm talking to you
or not, El Chimpo? The only way you can convince yourself that you
matter, perhaps?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old December 9th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
brique

David McMillan wrote in message
brique wrote:
David McMillan wrote in message

It's not your keyboard, it's your Newsreader client. Microsoft Outlook
and other low-end/non-compliant ones don't append XML language.body
tags to your posts, which forces posters into exercising greater
linguistic literality to compensate for the reduced bandwidth.
"Up to scratch" has the advantage of not appearing self-contradictory
in contextless print, though, so you probably don't have to worry so
much about that one.
Still, a bit of additional work should get you past your newsreader's
limitations. For example, "I should care? It's not my Constitution"
would have conveyed your intended meaning *and* intonation (at least,

people who've heard it before, even if it's not the first thing they
think of) clearly, even without body.language tags.

Right, so it's Bill Gates fault.. again?

Isn't everything?

Cool..... I can relax then....... everything in the world is as it should
be.... ****ed up....:-)

Old December 9th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Keith F. Lynch

Eric Chomko wrote:
When Fred, when? Now answer the question or remain silent. When was the
last time anyone was hanged in the US as a form of capital punishment?

Several people already answered.

On January 25, 1996, Billy Bailey was hanged in Delaware.

Before that, Charles Campbell in 1994 in the state of Washington.

Before that, Westley Allan Dodd in 1993, also in Washington.

For whatever it's worth, all three were white.

CP remains legal in Maryland too, but hasn't been done since 1961.

Assuming CP means capital punishment by any method, the last person
executed in Maryland was in 2005 (Wesley E. Baker). And before that,
2004 (Steven Oken). Both by lethal injection.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/
Old December 11th 06, 10:23 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Keith F. Lynch wrote:
Eric Chomko wrote:
When Fred, when? Now answer the question or remain silent. When was the
last time anyone was hanged in the US as a form of capital punishment?

Several people already answered.

On January 25, 1996, Billy Bailey was hanged in Delaware.

Before that, Charles Campbell in 1994 in the state of Washington.

Before that, Westley Allan Dodd in 1993, also in Washington.

For whatever it's worth, all three were white.

Did those ask to be hanged rather than another form of CP?

Old December 11th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : :Rand Simberg wrote:
: : : : : On 30 Nov 2006 11:34:32 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
: : : : : made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
: : : : : a way as to indicate that:
: : : : :
: : : : :
: : : : : Rand Simberg wrote:
: : : : : On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:06:52 -0500, in a place far, far away, Sean
: : : : : O'Hara made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: : : : : such a way as to indicate that:
: : : : :
: : : : : In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Eric Chomko declared:
: : : : :
: : : : : None of which is relevant to the fact that you expect from others what
: : : : : you yourself have no intention of giving. Makes you sort of an "Ugly
: : : : : American" in that sense.
: : : : :
: : : : :
: : : : : Psst! The ugly American was the hero of the novel.
: : : : :
: : : : : In case it wasn't already obvious, Eric is an idiot.
: : : : :
: : : : : Must be so obviously that you continue the need to mention it...
: : : : :
: : : : : He might be new around here. It is obvious to long-time readers.
: : : : :
: : : : :But not enough for you to get the votes you needed to killfile me.
: : : :
: : : : Eric thinks it takes a vote?
: : : :
: : : : Eric, Mother Nature made you an idiot. It doesn't take a vote for us
: : : : to notice.
: : : :
: : : :Yet it is you that is in the service doing a civilian's job for half
: : : :the pay.
: : :
: : : What colour is the sky on whatever planet your version if 'reality' is
: : : on, Eric?
: : :
: : : Hint: I'm not in the service. Where do you get these preposterous
: : : ideas?
: : :
: : :There, there, Fred...
: :
: : You said something stupidly incorrect and now YOU tell ME "there,
: : there"?
: :
: :Fred, about 99% of the resposnes to your posts really should be "there,
: :there".
:
: From you, certainly. It is, after all, about the deepest
: understanding you can manage.
:
: :
: : You exceed even my expectation of the magnitude of the stupidity of
: : which you are capable, El Chimpo.
: :
: :Good, just as long as it ****es you off...
:
: Poor El Chimpo. He still stupidly thinks he actually matters enough
: to '**** off' people.
:
: snicker
:
: : :
: : : Once again, Eric's ignorance overwhelms everything.
: : :
: : :Well you never did say what you do.
: :
: : Yeah, I've kept it a huge secret, all right.
: :
: : Would anyone who can actually read care to tell El Chimpo what I do?
: :
: :So it is so important that another has to introduce you? Wow!
:
: No, dear boy. It's just not any big secret. You being so stupid as
: to not get it AND think I'm in the service is merely a demonstration
: of just how intellectually challenged you are.
:
:Fred, there is nothing on Google that would indicate that you do
:anything other than post on the Internet. Perhaps you write RFCs?

Keep looking, El Chimpo. I've certainly made no effort to be
secretive about it...

It has to do with being noteworthy and not secrecy.

Seriously, there is nothing on Google other than USENET posts when it
comes to you.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Old December 11th 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "brique" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote in message
: : : .. .
: : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :In article ,
: : : : : Mark Nobles wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : In article ,
: : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : :In article ,
: : : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : : :Okay. Make me.
: : : : : :
[...]

What do you think?

:Freddy, deep down inside you get that I have something you need. That
:is why you continue to repsond. Now if you were more open about that
:then you might actually get it. And before you go off with some lame,
:"you're not my type" BS, ask yourself why you continue to respond to
:me. Why, Freddy?

Because it takes virtually no time and even less thought to slap you
around.

That is your goal, to slap me around? That says volumes more about you
than it does about me.

So tell me Freddy, if I am slapped around, as you put it, what does
that look like and how am I left when you are done?

It's best when you self-advertise what a git you are.

Am I truly a git or is that what you think of me?

So just why do YOU keep injecting yourself, whether I'm talking to you
or not, El Chimpo? The only way you can convince yourself that you
matter, perhaps?

I matter simply because I say that I do. It is a delclaration. You have
nothing to do with that.

Eric

territory."
--G. Behn

Old December 12th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : :
: : : : : : Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

Well, this is Usenet, isn't it, El Chimpo?

Keep looking...

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old December 12th 06, 03:57 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : "brique" wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : :Fred J. McCall wrote in message
: : : : .. .
: : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : :In article ,
: : : : : : Mark Nobles wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : In article ,
: : : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : :In article ,
: : : : : : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : : BTR1701 wrote:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : : :Okay. Make me.
: : : : : : :
[...]

I think you're usually stupid enough to commit just about any idiocy
one might care to name, of course.

:
: :Freddy, deep down inside you get that I have something you need. That
: :is why you continue to repsond. Now if you were more open about that
: :then you might actually get it. And before you go off with some lame,
: :"you're not my type" BS, ask yourself why you continue to respond to
: :me. Why, Freddy?
:
: Because it takes virtually no time and even less thought to slap you
: around.
:
:That is your goal, to slap me around? That says volumes more about you
:than it does about me.

Oh, it's not a goal. It's just what happens whenever you try to
argue.

:So tell me Freddy, if I am slapped around, as you put it, what does
:that look like and how am I left when you are done?

It looks like you're an idiot and you're left drooling on yourself.

Of course, you pretty much start that way, but that's just proof that
hitting you in the head doesn't have any additional effect.

: It's best when you self-advertise what a git you are.
:
:Am I truly a git or is that what you think of me?

The former, of course. We could put it to a vote if you can find
anyone who cares enough to actually answer.

:
: So just why do YOU keep injecting yourself, whether I'm talking to you
: or not, El Chimpo? The only way you can convince yourself that you
: matter, perhaps?
:
:I matter simply because I say that I do. It is a delclaration. You have
:nothing to do with that.

Of course, El Chimpo. Of course.

Now blot...

territory."
--G. Behn
Old December 13th 06, 06:35 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Rick[_2_]

"Sean O'Hara" wrote in message
In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful William December
Starr declared:
In article ,
Sean O'Hara said:

In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Eric Chomko
declared:

Is hanging Saddam civilized?

Unless you wish to argue that civilization began within the last
hundred years and has barely spread across Europe, yes.

Okay that's a nice trick, but I think you realize that in common
usage "civilized," used in a context like this, means "what people
in _today's_ local culture -- that of the speaker and listener --
believe to be right, humane, etc."

No I don't realize that. That's certainly not how I use the word.

--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
These people are what social scientists call "wrong."

But it's more civilized to abort innocent babies

Old December 13th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,alt.anarchism,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :
: :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : :
: : : :
: : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : : : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: : : : :
: : : : : :
: : : : : : Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

You're hardly worth all that...

But I did and after 13, count them, 13!, pages I found out that you
work for TI.

Perhaps you made the TI 99/4 or the even more rare TI 99/8? TI-99/4s
are literally a dime a dozen whereas the former two are "rare".

I guess you are a dreaded Cowboy fan as well? You and TO, made for each
other. LOL!!

Eric

Eric

-- Thomas Jefferson