What's on board?

Old July 1st 03, 10:58 PM
Mary Pegg

Default What's on board?

I was looking at some Expedition 7 photos and was surprised (and
pleased) to see an electronic keyboard (musical, that is) on
board the station, taken up by Carl Walz, apparently.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...007e05829.html

What else is up there that you might not expect?

Old July 2nd 03, 11:09 AM
Doug Ellison

"Mary Pegg" wrote in message
I was looking at some Expedition 7 photos and was surprised (and
pleased) to see an electronic keyboard (musical, that is) on
board the station, taken up by Carl Walz, apparently.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...007e05829.html

What else is up there that you might not expect?

Big green blow up Alien ( as seen hanging around the MPL build back in '97
I'm sure!! )
A union jack ( we dont even back manned spaceflight :O )
and amazingly - you can even find some worthwhile science if you look hard
enough

Doug

Old July 2nd 03, 01:23 PM
Andy

What else is up there that you might not expect?

There are two cummerbunds and two bow ties up there, for a ceremony that may or
may not happen during the expedition. Stay tuned!

Andy

"Gee, I thought we'd be a lot higher at MECO!"
[Steve Hawley, STS 41-D pad abort, 1984]
Old July 2nd 03, 03:41 PM
LooseChanj

On or about Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:09:10 +0100, Doug Ellison
made the sensational claim that:
Big green blow up Alien ( as seen hanging around the MPL build back in '97

I thought it was little and blue? Uh oh, it's a shapeshifter...
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if you

Old July 2nd 03, 04:35 PM
Doug Ellison

"LooseChanj" wrote in message
. com...
On or about Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:09:10 +0100, Doug Ellison
made the sensational claim that:
Big green blow up Alien ( as seen hanging around the MPL build back in

'97

I thought it was little and blue? Uh oh, it's a shapeshifter...

LOL - it was really similar to the one back at JPL when they were building
the MPL - thats all I remember :P

Doug

Old July 3rd 03, 09:33 AM
Dale

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:26:13 GMT, The Other James wrote:

Andy wrote:

What else is up there that you might not expect?

There are two cummerbunds and two bow ties up there, for a ceremony that may or
may not happen during the expedition. Stay tuned!

Andy

"Gee, I thought we'd be a lot higher at MECO!"
[Steve Hawley, STS 41-D pad abort, 1984]

What ceremony would that be????

Sounds like Yuri and Ed are getting married.

Best wishes to them,
Dale
Old July 3rd 03, 02:45 PM
Dave Fowler

Subject: What's on board?
From: Dale

Sounds like Yuri and Ed are getting married.

Ed's got a hot fiancee, so let's hope not. On the other hand.....

Dave

Old July 5th 03, 09:30 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Mary Pegg wrote:
I was looking at some Expedition 7 photos and was surprised (and
pleased) to see an electronic keyboard (musical, that is) on
board the station, taken up by Carl Walz, apparently.

[snip]

(Am I the only one to think that photo looks like a small, low-budget
radio station, with all the junk cleared away?)

Mir used, IIRC, to have a guitar... I'm sure I remember hearing mention
of some books, but can't seem to find where I saw it.

--
-Andrew Gray

Old July 9th 03, 06:13 PM
Dan

What else is up there that you might not expect?

Those that have seen the (granted now dated) IMAX film will have seen a self
teaching robot "thing" made out of old odds and ends.

I don't know if it's still up there, but judging from appearance I doubt
there's any danger of it becoming sentient and taking over the station
HAL-style.

Dan