Hoagland Debunked!

Old March 9th 04, 05:56 AM
The Bad Astronomer

Default Hoagland Debunked!

Fellow netizens:

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html
and from there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the
"City", his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

Enjoy.

-Phil Plait
The Bad Astronomer
http://www.badastronomy.com
Old March 9th 04, 06:45 AM
Wally Anglesea™

On 8 Mar 2004 21:56:19 -0800, (The Bad
Astronomer) wrote:

Fellow netizens:

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html
and from there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the
"City", his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

Enjoy.

-Phil Plait
The Bad Astronomer
http://www.badastronomy.com

Awesome expose of Hoaxlands nonsense, and about bloody time someone
with ability put something in one place. Well done.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."
Old March 9th 04, 10:41 AM
Dave

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html and from
there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the "City",
his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

Nice idea, and hopefully it will discourage people who believe his rubbish.
I doubt it would have any effect on Hoagland though
Has anyone come up with page to debunk "Man as Old as Coal" Ed Conrad?

DaveL

Old March 9th 04, 01:43 PM
Cardinal Chunder

The Bad Astronomer wrote:
Fellow netizens:

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html
and from there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the
"City", his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

Enjoy.

-Phil Plait
The Bad Astronomer
http://www.badastronomy.com

I take my hat off to you. An excellent site.
Old March 9th 04, 03:33 PM
John Zinni

"Dave" wrote in message

Nice idea, and hopefully it will discourage people who believe his

rubbish.
I doubt it would have any effect on Hoagland though
Has anyone come up with page to debunk "Man as Old as Coal" Ed Conrad?

A quick look at his pictures is debunking enough, isn't it?

;-)

DaveL

Old March 9th 04, 03:50 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , The Bad
Astronomer wrote:

Fellow netizens:

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html
and from there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the
"City", his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

Enjoy.

-Phil Plait
The Bad Astronomer
http://www.badastronomy.com

Very nice work. As is not widely known, the 'C' in Richard C. Hoagland
stands for 'Conspiracy'.

I might add a couple other of his kooky claims. First, his claims that
Pathfinder landed in a former battlefield filled with military
equipment (!) and his image 'analysis' showing that the Pathfinder
spacecraft itself had Nazi symbols placed on the exterior (!):

http://www.enterprisemission.com/pasadena2.html

Second, his claims that NASA murders its own astronauts in order to
fulfill Masonic rituals and his mystical obsession with the number 33:

http://www.enterprisemission.com/lib7.htm

Finally, years ago on the Art Bell show he urged listeners to go into
Old Navy clothing stores and tell the sales people some magic phrase
that would gain them access to secret chambers hidden within the
stores. This nonsense was supposedly also connected with the number 33
and things 'tetrahedral'.

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully, Pest, and Gummint Disinformation Agent
Old March 9th 04, 04:17 PM
Linda

"The Bad Astronomer" wrote in message
om...
Fellow netizens:

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html
and from there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the
"City", his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

That article appears to be really badly written and could have been written
years ago. They made
one small mention of the Rover mission and mostly talked about things that
were talked about in 1997
with Pathfinder. JUNK

Old March 9th 04, 05:16 PM
Greg Crinklaw

So debunking Hoagland bugs you eh?

Old March 9th 04, 06:15 PM
Caesar Garcia

Bravo! The other day a young (believe it or not) physics major started
telling me about how the "face" on Mars was real, and referred me to
Hoagland's site for confirmation. I sat sat beside her as she went
there and excitedly began quoting drivel from it. I told her this was
junk science, and Hoagland was quite simply, a nutcase. She then
accused me of supporting NASA "lies" to "cover up the truth." It's a
sad day when a science major can be bamboolzed by this kind of crap.
So sites like yours are much needed. Keep up the good work!

Caesar Garcia

Old March 9th 04, 06:30 PM
Orion

It sure took you long enough to "step up to the plate."
Hopefully, it will actually entail talking about the issues at hand, not
just more vitriolic character assassination.
If it's the latter, well, that's what political elections are for.
I look forward to listening to the debate.
Orion

"The Bad Astronomer" wrote in message
om...
Fellow netizens:

After many years, I have finally decided to take on Richard Hoagland's
nonsense about Mars. He has been relentless with his rubbish on "Coast
to Coast AM" over the past few months, and I couldn't stand it any
more.

The opening page is

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc...and/index.html
and from there you will find several more taking on the "Face", the
"City", his generic, bizarre conspiracy claims, and even his claims
about his credentials.

Enjoy.

-Phil Plait
The Bad Astronomer