Precession of Mercury's longitude of perihelion - (so called "anomaly")

Old May 13th 07, 02:20 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Russell

Default Precession of Mercury's longitude of perihelion - (so called "anomaly")

On May 11, 5:27 pm, "Androcles"
wrote:
The calculation of the advance of perihelion using Newtonian Celestial Mechanics was
carried out by Urbain L Verrier (1811-1877), with 43 arc seconds per century unaccounted
for.
Urbain Le Verrier is best known for the calculations which led to the discovery of Neptune.

Uranus was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781 (4 years after Le Verrier died).

I think it was 96 years *before* Le Verrier died.

The so-called "anomaly" that the prominent Albert Einstein "corrected" with his
Wonderful Theory of General Lies and Crackpottery was Le Verrier not having a
telescope quite as good as Herschel's and nothing to do with his calculations, he
simply hadn't included Uranus because he didn't know about it.

If Le Verrier hadn't known about Uranus, he'd have been even
*more* ignorant about the astronomy of his day than you are,
Androcles. Which is saying something.

He'd also not have known how to predict the position of Neptune,
discovered in, um, 1846 it says here in Wikipedia.

You are a drunken buffoon.

Old May 13th 07, 02:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
hanson

"Androcles" wrote in message

The calculation of the advance of perihelion using Newtonian Celestial
Mechanics was carried out by Urbain L Verrier (1811-1877), with 43
arc seconds per century unaccounted for. Urbain Le Verrier is best
known for the calculations which led to the discovery of Neptune.
Uranus was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781
(4 years after Le Verrier died).

The so-called "anomaly" that the prominent Albert Einstein "corrected"
with his Wonderful Theory of General Lies and Crackpottery was
Le Verrier not having a telescope quite as good as Herschel's and
nothing to do with his calculations, [1]- he simply hadn't included
Uranus because he didn't know about it. -[1]

Bob wrote:
http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/crit2/1908-2p.htm wherein it says:
* Translation Editor’s note (Bakman). Ritz used k=6.4 to reconcile his
formula with the observed anomaly for Mercury (41'') however recent
data give 43.1'', which leads to k=7. Substituting this result into Ritz’s
formula yields exactly the general relativity formula. [2]

[hanson]
How come we don't hear any comments about [1] from those all
knowing intellects and Einstein Dingleberries in sci.astro on this?
[2] Is this yet another one of those examples where Einstein
crud is hailed to be the penicillin of physics but used *after* the
problem had been cured already by classical Newtonian means?

[Andro]
The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein

The important thing is not to listen to the kook. - Androcles

[hanson]
ahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... your 1-liner didn't turn out too well.
"The important thing is not to listen to Einstein" might have been
clearer.

[Andro]
New computer, 3.2 GHz and GigaRAM for Newtonian calculations,
busily replonking cheats, arseholes and ****heads.
*plonk*

[hanson]
ahahaha... AHAHAHA... but you forgot the ****s, Andro. The ****s!
Have fun with your new machine.
ahahaha... ahahahanson

Old May 13th 07, 06:08 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
OG

"Androcles" wrote in message

Irrelevant bumbling excised.

The important thing is not to listen to the kook. - Androcles

New computer, 3.2 GHz and GigaRAM for Newtonian calculations,
busily replonking cheats, arseholes and ****heads.
*plonk*

That'll be people who have embarassed you - an ever growing list I believe.

Old May 13th 07, 06:15 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Androcles[_2_]

"H. Wabnig" .... .-- .- -... -. .. --. @ .- --- -. DOT .- -

Out you go too, I'm including little boys. *plonk*

Old May 13th 07, 06:20 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
H. Wabnig

On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:15:24 GMT, "Androcles"
wrote:

"H. Wabnig" .... .-- .- -... -. .. --. @ .- --- -. DOT .- -

Out you go too, I'm including little boys. *plonk*

Thank you.
w.
Old May 13th 07, 06:38 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Androcles[_2_]

"Randy Poe" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On May 13, 8:13 am, "Androcles" wrote:
: "OG" wrote in message
:
: ...
:
: : Androcles wrote:
:
: The calculation of the advance of perihelion using Newtonian Celestial
: Mechanics was
: carried out by Urbain L Verrier (1811-1877), with 43 arc seconds per
century
: unaccounted
: for.
: Urbain Le Verrier is best known for the calculations which led to the
: discovery of Neptune.
:
: Uranus was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781 (4 years
: after Le Verrier died).
:
: Check your arithmetic.

That's what the new computer is for.

:
: Le Verrier was *BORN* in 1811.

Thanks for the correction.

[snip]

: Well then this "table of observations of Uranus with comparison to
: theory" is a remarkable achievement for Le Verrier.
:
Yes indeed, I agree. I'm not criticising Le Verrier. I'm waiting for
Einstein's calculations to include all bodies in the Solar System. Got those
handy, Randy?

: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1877AnPar..14A...1L
:
Nah, that's my religion, not yours. You have to show 43 arc seconds
per century using GR, that's what I want to see. Don't forget
to include the sun's motion around the galactic centre, will you?
Did Le Verrier (or Einstein in 1913) know about galaxies or were they still
nebulae?

Old May 13th 07, 06:48 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Androcles[_2_]

"Randy Poe" wrote in message
ps.com...
: On May 11, 8:27 pm, "Androcles"
: wrote:
[...]
: Here in Le Verrier's 1859 paper (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/
: 1859AnPar...5....1L)
: the calculations for "Action d'Uranus" can be found on page 11 of the
: PDF
: document. It is true he left it out of the summary table (page 6). I
: think
: that is because the coefficients are so small, and that it doesn't
: give
: a first-order contribution. (Compare the coefficients for Uranus on p.
: 11
: to those for the other planets).
:
: - Randy

It's Einstein's calculations I question, handy randy.
I want to see how much better he was than Le Verrier or
just blowing smoke at mirrors.

Old May 13th 07, 06:50 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Androcles[_2_]

"Russell" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On May 11, 5:27 pm, "Androcles"
: wrote:
: The calculation of the advance of perihelion using Newtonian Celestial
Mechanics was
: carried out by Urbain L Verrier (1811-1877), with 43 arc seconds per
century unaccounted
: for.
: Urbain Le Verrier is best known for the calculations which led to the
discovery of Neptune.
:
: Uranus was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781 (4 years
after Le Verrier died).
:
: I think it was 96 years *before* Le Verrier died.

Yes, but Poe's taken the bait.

:
:
: The so-called "anomaly" that the prominent Albert Einstein "corrected"
with his
: Wonderful Theory of General Lies and Crackpottery was Le Verrier not
having a
: telescope quite as good as Herschel's and nothing to do with his
calculations, he
: simply hadn't included Uranus because he didn't know about it.
:
: If Le Verrier hadn't known about Uranus, he'd have been even
: *more* ignorant about the astronomy of his day than you are,
: Androcles. Which is saying something.
:
: He'd also not have known how to predict the position of Neptune,
: discovered in, um, 1846 it says here in Wikipedia.
:

Ah, but 43 arc seconds per century is an enormous error,
a whole 0.1 arc seconds per orbit and he didn't have GR.

: You are a drunken buffoon.

At least I have vodka as an excuse, you are just a stooopid ****.

Old May 13th 07, 07:10 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Androcles[_2_]

"hanson" wrote in message
: "Androcles" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Bob wrote:
[...]

Well, I sure goofed on Le Verrier's life, never let it be said
I won't own to it. Man, I was tired.
But you see, this nit-picking over 0.1 arc seconds per orbit
is a calculation error so small it doesn't come close to
having Einstein's crackpottery going for it.
As Poe admits, Uranus and Neptune have been left out of
the calculations.

http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/messier/more/m031_cep.html

It was 1923 when galaxies were first 'discovered' as separate
entities.
Why is that important?
1) We are part of a galaxy.
2) The "fixed" stars are not fixed.
3) The position of Mercury has to be relative to a fixed star.
4) The sun also moves.
5) Einstein didn't know that.

Old May 13th 07, 08:19 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Greg Neill[_5_]

"H. Wabnig" .... .-- .- -... -. .. --. @ .- --- -. DOT .- - wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Out you go too, I'm including little boys. *plonk*

Thank you.
w.

Hey Androcles, may I suggest that you simply adjust
your killfile filters to eliminate *all* posts
except your own? I think that way everyone will
find that the level of conversation has improved.