SpaceX: Falcon 1 Flight 4

Old September 28th 08, 03:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_3_]

Default SpaceX: Falcon 1 Flight 4

Launch is scheduled for Sunday, September 28 from 4 to 9 pm, Pacific Daylight
Time.

--Damon
Old September 28th 08, 06:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:
Launch is scheduled for Sunday, September 28 from 4 to 9 pm, Pacific Daylight
Time.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the damn thing actually worked right this time?
Unexpected...but amazing.
I just checked with my "Talking Magic 8-Ball" and it said that although
things aren't certain, it will probably succeed.
Will the financial crisis get worse in the coming week?
"My answer is 'Yes' ".
Is the US completely ****ed?
"It is not certain".
Sounds like John McCain speaking. :-D

Pat
Old September 28th 08, 07:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy
OM[_6_]

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:51:22 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I just checked with my "Talking Magic 8-Ball" and it said that although
things aren't certain, it will probably succeed.
Will the financial crisis get worse in the coming week?
"My answer is 'Yes' ".
Is the US completely ****ed?
"It is not certain".

....My problem is that I consulted my Ouija Board. It spelled out
"Kltpzyxm" and disappeared.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old September 28th 08, 08:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
"It is not certain".

...My problem is that I consulted my Ouija Board. It spelled out
"Kltpzyxm" and disappeared.

I had equal luck with my use of my Nostradamus-style tripod over a pile
of Scrabble letter tiles.
It certainly spelled the future out in detail, but unfortunately in a
language I don't understand. :-D

Pat
Old September 28th 08, 06:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Martha Adams

wrote:

I just checked with my "Talking Magic 8-Ball" and it said that
although
things aren't certain, it will probably succeed.
Will the financial crisis get worse in the coming week?
"My answer is 'Yes' ".
Is the US completely ****ed?
"It is not certain".

...My problem is that I consulted my Ouija Board. It spelled out
"Kltpzyxm" and disappeared.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
] an obnoxious opinion in your day! [
]=====================================[

This is off topic, which was the upcoming Falcon launch for
which I'm saying, hey, this *must* work, Good Luck! !!

However, on this off-topic, are you *sure* that's what the
Ouija Board said? Because, you weren't on just any old topic,
but asking how about Washington....

Might it have been replying, "Btfsplk"? ??

Titeotwawki -- mha [2008 Sep 28]

Old September 28th 08, 10:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_3_]

Webcast is starting shortly...

http://spacex.com/webcast.php

--Damon

Old September 28th 08, 11:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_3_]

Webcast has begun.

http://spacex.com/webcast.php

--Damon

Old September 29th 08, 12:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_3_]

Liftoff following a smooth countdown, clean stage separation and nominal
second stage cutoff.

Looks like success at last!!!

The Kestrel engine seems to burn a bit 'dirty', but appears to have
worked normally.

--Damon

Old September 29th 08, 12:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Sep 28, 6:52*pm, Damon Hill wrote:
Webcast has begun.

http://spacex.com/webcast.php

--Damon

Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa

There be whales here )

Kelly
Old September 29th 08, 12:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Anthony Frost

In message
Damon Hill wrote:

Webcast is starting shortly...