Flat Earther and AGW Denier to head nasa into obscurity.

Old April 23rd 18, 01:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Flat Earther and AGW Denier to head nasa into obscurity.

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 12:12:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Saturday, 21 April 2018 12:04:47 UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 07:55:29 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 7:24:34 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 00:32:16 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote:

AGW denier, yes, but not even a young-earth Creationist, never mind a
flat-earther.

There is no difference between denying AGW and being a flat-earther
(or a young Earth creationist, or an anti-vaxxer). The mentality is
identical.

This is complete bull plop. There are many points about AGW that are
questionable to anyone with an open mind.

Yeah. Like the kind of feedback clouds provide. Not the fact that the
Earth is warming dramatically and the cause is the human release of
fossil carbon into the atmosphere. That isn't questioned at all,
except by flat-earthers like yourself.

Stop trying to link questioning of bad global warming science with flat earth, Ufologists, etc.

Denial of AGW is intellectually identical to believing the Earth is
flat.
Old April 23rd 18, 01:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 17:07:00 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

Repeated slurs only weaken your already weak responses. You should give
it a rest.

As a science denier, you are a laughing stock. You have no arguments.
Ridicule and mockery are the proper response.

Flat-earther.
Old April 23rd 18, 02:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 21:10:29 +0200, Paul Schlyter
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 07:24:32 -0600, Chris L Peterson
wrote:
There is no difference between denying AGW and being a flat-earther

Does that imply that all scientists before Svante Arrhenius were
flat-earthers? grin Svante Arrhenius was the first to warn for the
risks with human produced CO2, more than 100 years ago.

No, just modern scientists who have quality data at their disposal.
Old April 23rd 18, 02:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

wrote:

Repeated slurs only weaken your already weak responses. You should give
it a rest.

As a science denier,

Straw man argument: "caricaturing a position to make it easier to attack"

you are a laughing stock.

And there's the ad hominem attack.

You have no arguments.

Followed by a lie.

Ridicule and mockery are the proper response.

Flat-earther.

And there's the typical response from an apostle of the extreme, which
proves that he is NO scientist.
Old April 23rd 18, 03:56 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

wrote:
There is no difference between denying AGW and being a flat-earther

Does that imply that all scientists before Svante Arrhenius were
flat-earthers? grin Svante Arrhenius was the first to warn for the
risks with human produced CO2, more than 100 years ago.

No, just modern scientists who have quality data at their disposal.

Let the Europeans squander public money on satellites to monitor ice thickness while the Orient continues to pump billions of tons of pollutants (NOT C02) into the air and LAUGH at the "useful idiot greenies" in the West.
Old April 23rd 18, 05:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

Repeated slurs only weaken your already weak responses. You should give
it a rest.

As a science denier,

Straw man argument: "caricaturing a position to make it easier to attack"

I'm not attacking your position, any more than I would attack the
position of someone claiming the Earth is flat. There is no position
to attack. Your view is total nonsense, not accepted by any scientist.
It is ridiculous, and mockery is the proper response.
Old April 23rd 18, 11:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Scott M. Kozel[_2_]

wrote:

Repeated slurs only weaken your already weak responses. You should give
it a rest.

As a science denier,

Straw man argument: "caricaturing a position to make it easier to attack"

I'm not attacking your position, any more than I would attack the
position of someone claiming the Earth is flat. There is no position
to attack. Your view is total nonsense, not accepted by any scientist.
It is ridiculous, and mockery is the proper response.

You are a garden variety Usenet troll.
Old April 23rd 18, 12:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

wrote:

Repeated slurs only weaken your already weak responses. You should give
it a rest.

As a science denier,

Straw man argument: "caricaturing a position to make it easier to attack"

I'm not attacking your position,

Of COURSE you are. And you are attacking me personally.

any more than I would attack the position of someone claiming the Earth is
flat. There is no position to attack. Your view is total nonsense,

Why is it that you are completely oblivious to the fact that you just DID
attack my position there as well as me? Perhaps you need counseling.

not accepted by any scientist.

Completely false. I know several scientists that have reservations about
AGW, just like I do. You're still plying the dishonest straw man argument
baloney.

It is ridiculous, and mockery is the proper response.

Your position (which seems to be "we gotta spend bazillions of dollars
RIGHT NOW and pass onerous legislation. It's my way or the highway")
is the one that is extreme and cannot be supported by solid experimental
evidence. As Scott said, you have become an obnoxious troll.
Old April 23rd 18, 02:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

Repeated slurs only weaken your already weak responses. You should give
it a rest.

As a science denier,

Straw man argument: "caricaturing a position to make it easier to attack"

I'm not attacking your position, any more than I would attack the
position of someone claiming the Earth is flat. There is no position
to attack. Your view is total nonsense, not accepted by any scientist.
It is ridiculous, and mockery is the proper response.

You are a garden variety Usenet troll.

Says the flat-earther! That's funny!
Old April 23rd 18, 02:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 04:39:59 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

I'm not attacking your position,

Of COURSE you are. And you are attacking me personally.

You have no position to attack. But certainly I'm mocking you. Nothing
wrong with that. Your beliefs are mockable.