Lasting legacy of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic

Old April 22nd 20, 01:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_3_]

Default Lasting legacy of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic

If they win no more slams what will be the defining career achievement
of each player? Yes all 3 guys have many great achievements over many
yrs, but to nail it it down to what will most be remembered I think;

Nadal 12 FO

Djokovic 8 AO

For Federer it's a little murkier as nothing really stands out? Yes he
has 8 Wimbledons, but Sampras had 7 & retired 7 yrs younger than Fed.

Nadal *doubling* the previous FO record of 6 is just insane. No real
words to describe it as nobody would have believed it 10 yrs ago. Has
to be the safest record in tennis.

Djoker winning 8 AO's, 2 more than the previous record is pretty amazing
imo. What we also have to take into consideration here is he achieved
this in the same era Federer himself won 6 AOs. Arguably Djoker/Fed are
the 2 greatest ever AO champions, & Djoker completely owned him at AO.
It's not like Djoker won his AO in a weak era, arguably he had the
toughest competition ever at this slam.

So as great as Fed has been over so many yrs, I think Rafa/Djoker FO/AO
records stand out more than Fed's.