Expanding universe?

Old October 15th 04, 12:21 AM
Brilliant One

"Oh, this is the way things really are here," she says.

"Yesterday we were recruiting!"

Double-A

Perfect tale, precise scale.
[Been there, done that,
On many levels, job
After job! Nightclubs,
On occasion, a taste of fun!
But need milk more.]
O dear, what to do?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old October 15th 04, 12:22 AM
Brilliant One

Reminds me of the story of the women who died and went to Heaven, but
after a few days of sitting on clouds and listening to angels plucking
harps, she is getting bored. Also none of her old friends are there.
So she asks St. Peter if it would be OK to check out the place down
below as an alternative. He says that would be alright, so he sends
her on the elevator down to Hell.

When she gets there, she finds herself in something like a country
club with music, a bar, drinks, people dancing and generally having a
good time. The men are wearing tuxes, and the ladies are wearing
gorgeous evening gowns. And also she meets a lot of her old friends
there.

"This is more like it!" she thinks.

Eventually she meets the Devil himself, who is really quite an
agreeable and friendly gentleman, and the perfect sophisticated host.

When she goes up to see St. Peter again, she tells him she certainly
appreciates the opportunity to live in Heaven, but that it's just not
for her, and requests to go back down to Hell where things are much
more fun.

St. Peter says that's OK, but warns her that once she has decided, it
will be irreversible.

She agrees that that's fine with her.

So she goes back down the elevator to Hell.

This time, however, everything has changed. She sees a vast desolate
landscape with people in rags toiling to pick cotton and sweating
under a hot Sun! Also there are devil taskmasters with whips driving
them on.

She finally spots one of her old friends and asks her why everying has
changed since the day before.

"Oh, this is the way things really are here," she says.

"Yesterday we were recruiting!"

Double-A

*tagged for my learning file*

_______

Old October 15th 04, 02:58 PM
Benign Vanilla

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message

Here on Earth I would like
one toilet for both sexes(why not?)

Bert, do you and your wife have seperate toilets?

BV.