Meteorite may hold secret to life outside earth

Old December 1st 06, 03:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Raving[_1_]

Default Meteorite may hold secret to life outside earth

A meteorite that crashed in northwest Canada almost seven years ago
might have been able to host the very earliest life forms, according to
NASA researchers, which opens the door to the possibility that life
could be present elsewhere in the universe.

Mike Zolensky, a cosmic minerologist at the NASA Space Centre in Texas,
told CBC Radio the Tagish Lake meteorite is unlike any they have ever
examined.

"We always knew it was a rare, very carbon- and water-rich meteorite
- and they hardly ever fall on the Earth," said Zolensky. "But we've
found since that it's even more unique than that. It's a totally unique
meteorite."

Zolensky said tiny bubbles in the rock are organic globules where the
universe's earliest life forms could have been able to live, an
astonishing discovery from a meteorite thought to be 4.5 billion years
old - older than the Earth. ....

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...ite-yukon.html

Old December 1st 06, 03:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.nightbat
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Raving wrote:

[...]

Yes Raving the profound nightbat Red Halo bacterium still
stands as sciences best first life candidate. Simply amazing that such
an ancient life form could have all the qualities necessary for life
space/planet multi epoch phase capability possibly existing earlier and
beyond the formation of our own solar system itself. Time is irrelevant
to an life organism that is not water dependent and can remain dormant
until just the right planetary conditions present for its regeneracy to
more evolving higher life specimens in suitable environments.

as you were,
the nightbat
Old December 1st 06, 07:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Raving wrote:
[...]

A very interesting find, Raving, that supports the transpermia theories
of Sir Fred Hoyle, and of course, the nightbat.

Double-A

Old December 2nd 06, 11:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.nightbat
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

Raving wrote:

[...]

Correct Commander but even Sir Hoyle could not deduce a living
specimen capable of validating or supporting his theory until the
nightbat. No previous known living spore or seed could withstand the
extreme high or cold temps needed for traveling immense space distances
or intergalactic space travel, absence of water, or extended time epochs
until suitable planetary system formation and post colonization. The Red
Halo Bacterium satisfies all above referenced criteria and more, for it
can theoretically remain dormant for millions even billions of years
until suitable planetary environment conditions arise.

Thank you for your peer support.

ponder on,
the nightbat
Old December 2nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Raving[_1_]

nightbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

Raving wrote:

[...]

As with the antikythera mechanism, this news story also surprises me,
somewhat.

Most intriguing is that such a discovery was so unexpected; that there
aren't other examples; and what it suggests concerning a much wider
diversity of objects than has yet been discovered or imagined.

I am reminded of Haldane's observation:

""Now my own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than
we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."

Raving

[sorry, that I can't post to your NG from googoo, nightbat]

Old December 3rd 06, 02:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Raving It is safe to say some meteorites are older than the solar
system. If we ever find DNA in them we will come up with a good theory
that intelligent life planted its DNA molecule deep inside them so its
life form would be seeded through out the Milky Way. Bert