Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old March 22nd 15, 10:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 11:44:35 PM UTC-7, hanson wrote:
"Double-A" wrote:
The explosion incident on the Mt. Hood Highway turned
out to be the accidental detonation of some exploding
targets. Target shooters know when they hit them from
afar when the explode! You can make your own using
ammonium nitrate and powdered aluminum. One person
was killed, and it left a crater, still it seems something
the local police could have handled without calling in the
Feds. And I don't see way the highway had to be completely
closed for so long. The country is so on edge that it seems
every time a tire blows Homeland Security has to be notified!

hanson wrote:
Dude, the seed of that "edge" feeling goes back to the
Truman doctrine in 1948, and with it the co-committant
rise of Zio-Evangelism.

Now, we have to eat what we have sewn... and still, all
religious **** heads of all faiths hang onto their irrational
**** mentality.. even saying: "It's god's will. We are in the
End Times" ... .... unintended consequences.... Duh!

NH4NO3/Al mixes were Military explosives used since
WWII and dubbed as Tritonal or Nitral etc.
After 9/11 two things happened with NH4NO3.

1) AN was yanked off all the store shelf where it was
sold as fertilizer.
2) NH4NO3 manufacturers were forced to incorporate
tiny ID flakes into the AN-Beads, and sellers were
"regulated" and buyers are "registered" etc..

Reason (2) was the cause for the long shut down.
Investigators needed time to find & secure enough
ID flakes, so that Forensics can track down the culprits.

You mean if I buy a bag of AN for my rose bushes, I have to register as a terrorist? Those ID particles are being found spread all over the place! They are proving to be a very little value. Anyway, I always liked sulfur and zinc dust, or potassium perchlorate and sugar!

Double-A

Old March 23rd 15, 12:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Double-A" wrote about
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...rials_bla.html

Double-A wrote:
You mean if I buy a bag of AN for my rose bushes,
I have to register as a terrorist?

hanson wrote:
Don't be coy or silly. The gummint does that for you,
and you won't weven know it. -- "Keep'em quiet and
keep'em in line" is the Prime Directive of all govts.

Double-A wrote:
Those ID particles are being found spread all over the place!
They are proving to be a very little value.

hanson wrote:
To YOU, they have none.
But to the Forensikers they are the holy grail,
and they take their sweet OVER-time to collect'em.

Double-A wrote:
Anyway, I always liked sulfur and zinc dust, or
potassium perchlorate and sugar!

hanson wrote:
Yes, Zn+S is harmless. It's available still in
chemistry sets and makes those lahars of
of erupting table top sized Mt. Hoods.

But try to get KClO4 and the man will come
looking for you with more then just a registry
demand.

BTW, you still don't believe that all this current
loss of personal liberty was/is caused by the
"faithful" mentioneed above, don't ya. Pity.

Old March 23rd 15, 01:38 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Warhol[_1_]

"Double-A" wrote:
[...]

you are a terrorist Double-Agent, simply because you know how to make
explosives... and they are going put you in camps for adults... Hillary
said it!

https://youtu.be/N5YWB5L457A

Sometimes its better to act as if you are moron...
Old March 23rd 15, 01:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Let me know the car you like,and I will see what they go for here. 6 pages of used cars in LA Times .Most are dealer adds, TreBert Get a debit card TreBert
Old March 23rd 15, 06:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

ROTFLMAO! LIAR Glazier "G=EMC^2TreBert"
the spineless
Swine swore hot and holy, some then 24 hrs ago
that he will NOT post to alt.astronomy anymore,
only to come back to announce that "G=EMC^2"
means
## "Glazier Exhibits Micro Cephalic Cretinism" ##,

in which condition Cretin Glazier also showed that:
"G=EMC^2" = "Glazier's Every Message Contains Crap"
like this: "AA Let me know the car you like,and I will
Old March 23rd 15, 06:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Buy a Camary 2 door Low milage,and clean.Color WHITE One owner.Hopefully from an old lady who gave up driving. You can have my Van for free when I shove off for Hawaii. Where you live camping is in. My meade Telly would go good on top of Hood. No light pollution. You could be the old man astronomy of Mt. Hood. You have a history.You are smart,and know your science. You fit,and its all in your id. TreBert
Old March 23rd 15, 11:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 5:42:35 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

I already have a debit card. Just applied for a Mastercard yesterday. What I need is a driver's license.

Scattered showers here in Gresham. Bluster wind. 54F as of 3:45 PM. Had to go downtown Portland earlier. On the way back I checked out Dick's Sporting Goods. I can buy a gun there!

Double-A
Old March 23rd 15, 11:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

hanson wrote:
Yes, Zn+S is harmless. It's available still in
chemistry sets and makes those lahars of
of erupting table top sized Mt. Hoods.

But try to get KClO4 and the man will come
looking for you with more then just a registry
demand.

BTW, you still don't believe that all this current
loss of personal liberty was/is caused by the
"faithful" mentioneed above, don't ya. Pity.

How long until I'm registered for buying sugar?

Double-A

Old March 24th 15, 09:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Double-A" wrote:
I checked out Dick's Sporting Goods.
I can buy a gun there!

hanson wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHA... ya, yah... You can do then
like Harlow Campbell, and like him go onto your
backwood roads and shoot up street signs.

He's goona love & respect you for doing like he does...
because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Then you guys can start a business doing that,
and sell Franchises. Cretin Glazier will be your
"M&M", the "Money-Manager"

ahahahaha....
Old March 24th 15, 10:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 10:12:47 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Your van could be a very useful vehicle. Perhaps you could pay somebody to drive it up here!

Some sun today through fluffy clouds here in Gresham today. Calm with a few scattered showers. New snow on Mt. Hood. Skiers are happy. 54F as of 2:00 PM PDT. Should get a bit warmer tomorrow.

The explosion up near Mt. Hood has been ruled a suicide. Guess he just wanted to go out with a bang.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM