Solar eclipse of Aug 21st 2017

Old August 24th 07, 11:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Becker

Default Solar eclipse of Aug 21st 2017

It looks like totality runs right through Casper Wyoming. :^)

Who else could get lucky barring cloud cover?

Old August 24th 07, 11:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Howard Lester

"Bill Becker" wrote

It looks like totality runs right through Casper Wyoming. :^)

Who else could get lucky barring cloud cover?

You're just aware of that now? :-) Welcome back! Another lost soul back
from the dead!

Mike Simmons and I were planning to meet in east/southeastern Wyoming where
I think it'll be the best chances for clear sky at 10:30 AM.

Old August 25th 07, 12:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Becker

"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Bill Becker" wrote

It looks like totality runs right through Casper Wyoming. :^)

Who else could get lucky barring cloud cover?

You're just aware of that now? :-)

Yeah, even though my astro interest is at an ebb, I still check out SAA and
SpaceWeather.com where I found out aboot it.

Welcome back! Another lost soul back from the dead!

Thanks for the welcome but I'm pretty much a lurker now. At least until the
Astro bug bites me on the ass yet again. ;^)

Mike Simmons and I were planning to meet in east/southeastern Wyoming
where I think it'll be the best chances for clear sky at 10:30 AM.

I'd like to be a part of that venture...

Old August 25th 07, 12:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Nakamoto

Bill Becker wrote:
"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Bill Becker" wrote

It looks like totality runs right through Casper Wyoming. :^)

Who else could get lucky barring cloud cover?

You're just aware of that now? :-)

Yeah, even though my astro interest is at an ebb, I still check out SAA and
SpaceWeather.com where I found out aboot it.

Welcome back! Another lost soul back from the dead!

Thanks for the welcome but I'm pretty much a lurker now. At least until the
Astro bug bites me on the ass yet again. ;^)
Mike Simmons and I were planning to meet in east/southeastern Wyoming
where I think it'll be the best chances for clear sky at 10:30 AM.

I'd like to be a part of that venture...

Ahem ! Are we going to remember all of this in 10 YEARS??!!! (^_^)

But I'm planning to be somewhere in that region at that time, so perhaps
we'll run into one another. (^_^)

--- Dave
Old August 25th 07, 01:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill Becker

"David Nakamoto" wrote in message
Bill Becker wrote:
"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Bill Becker" wrote

It looks like totality runs right through Casper Wyoming. :^)

Who else could get lucky barring cloud cover?
You're just aware of that now? :-)

Yeah, even though my astro interest is at an ebb, I still check out SAA
and SpaceWeather.com where I found out aboot it.

Welcome back! Another lost soul back from the dead!

Thanks for the welcome but I'm pretty much a lurker now. At least until
the Astro bug bites me on the ass yet again. ;^)
Mike Simmons and I were planning to meet in east/southeastern Wyoming
where I think it'll be the best chances for clear sky at 10:30 AM.

I'd like to be a part of that venture...

Ahem ! Are we going to remember all of this in 10 YEARS??!!! (^_^)

I've got a memory like..umm....that animal. You know which one. ;^)

But I'm planning to be somewhere in that region at that time, so perhaps
we'll run into one another. (^_^)

That would be cool!
--- Dave

Old August 25th 07, 03:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Howard Lester[_1_]

"David Nakamoto" wrote

Ahem ! Are we going to remember all of this in 10 YEARS??!!! (^_^)

But I'm planning to be somewhere in that region at that time, so perhaps
we'll run into one another. (^_^)

David, it'd be the ultimate s.a.a. gathering. The idea of a national s.a.a.
gathering was brought up years ago... remember?

Howard

Old August 25th 07, 04:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Marty

Thanks for the welcome but I'm pretty
much a lurker now. At least until the
Astro bug bites me on the ass yet again.
;^)

Well it IS nice hearing from you again Bill!
Marty

Old August 25th 07, 01:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Howard Lester[_1_]

"Sam Wormley" wrote

Someone once proposed that the posters on sci.physics meet at the four
corners in the southwestern states--stipulating no knives, guns, ropes
or other weapons. It's a bit more heated forum!

At the eclipse, maybe Min would show up and....

Old August 25th 07, 03:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Edward Erbeck

"Sam Wormley" wrote

Someone once proposed that the posters on sci.physics meet at the four
corners in the southwestern states--stipulating no knives, guns, ropes
or other weapons. It's a bit more heated forum!

Sheeze, Why bother to show up??????? ;-)

Crazy Ed

Old August 25th 07, 06:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Howard Lester[_1_]

"Esmail" wrote

Mike Simmons and I were planning to meet in east/southeastern Wyoming
where I think it'll be the best chances for clear sky at 10:30 AM.

And I suppose *my* invitation to that meeting got lost in the mail???

You mean Mike never invited you??? That BUM! ;-)

We planned this because it turned out we were both fairly close to each
other observing the 1979 eclipse in Washington. Of course we didn't know of
each other then.

Lunar Eclipse (03.03.07) and Solar Eclipse (18.03.07) Harry Hayfield Misc 3 February 25th 07 09:23 AM
China Manned Lunar Landing 2017 Ed Kyle Policy 17 November 10th 05 12:31 AM
China plans moon-walk for 2017 Ra♥ïⁿg L♂♀♫iε Misc 0 November 7th 05 01:54 PM
Solar eclipse shazzbat UK Astronomy 9 September 14th 05 03:12 PM
Solar Eclipse help Reb ban Solar 2 December 28th 03 05:40 PM