Any hires satellite image taken 29 March, showing "Camp Jalu", Libya - watching Total Solar Eclipse

Old April 16th 06, 12:39 AM posted to sci.astro

Default Any hires satellite image taken 29 March, showing "Camp Jalu", Libya - watching Total Solar Eclipse

I was a participant in the Jalu Eclipse Camp ("Eclipse City") in Libya,
27-29 March 2006 watching the Total Solar Eclipse at noon on 29 March.

Watching the eclipse was an absolutely amazing event !!!

I'd like to kindly ask here whether anybody could tell me if it be possible
get hold of a satellite image, good enough in resolution to show the large
tent camp built up there in the Sahara Desert.

The coordinates of the camp, position of my tent, were N 28 deg 14' 07.86"
E 21 deg 30' 19.79" (or in decimal degrees: N 28.235516 E 21.5054972),
which is some 80 km south of Jalu and only a few hundred meters away from
the calculated central line. (The Waypoint was taken by me with the GPS
part of my Thuraya Satellite phone.)

I am sure there are images from a couple of satellites (among them also
reconaissance satellites) and maybe it is
possible to release a declassified sample taken of that area on 29 March
2006. (Note: There had been quite a heavy sandstorm in the Jalu area on 28
March, when the Libyans erected the tents. Part of the camp was destroyed
and probably there was too much sand in the air to show any details.
Pictures taken on 27 March would virtually show nothing as the camp had
been erected on 28 March.)

Maybe someone reading here also knows a contact person responsible for
terrestrial remote imaging or the like, who could help.

Thanks in advance and good luck !

Regards