Hubble: Should I be disappointed?

Old May 16th 15, 04:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Hubble: Should I be disappointed?

I have lately be absolutely enthralled by the pictures from Hubble. I always
have been, but I guess with the recent TV shows because of the 25th anniversary
of Hubble, I've really been awed by the beauty out there. But then I read
something that brought me up short. I read that if we were out in space and
could see these objects, they wouldn't be anywhere near as spectacular as the
pictures, since the pictures are composites of many different photos, xray,
ultraviolet, light wave, etc. It really brought me down. So, as I asked, should
I be disappointed? Is this just Photo Shopping on an astronomical scale (pun
intended), in order to justify Hubble? Just wondering. Thanks.

Oriel36 - I am very disappointed! ukastronomy Amateur Astronomy 59 November 12th 08 10:54 PM
I'm disappointed Agent Smith Policy 47 January 21st 08 04:04 AM
I'm disappointed kT History 41 January 21st 08 04:04 AM
I'm disappointed Agent Smith Astronomy Misc 49 January 21st 08 04:04 AM
I'm disappointed, why would Tom Back say this? clyde crewey Amateur Astronomy 73 October 27th 04 09:37 PM