Global warming or NOT global warming?

Old February 1st 19, 09:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Global warming or NOT global warming?

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 9:24:33 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 31 January 2019 09:24:43 UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 02:08:13 -0800 (PST), StarDust
wrote:

Polar vortex brings deadly cold snap to US states
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47055952

Cities are all but shutting down across the US Midwest as the region shivers in a deadly cold snap known as a polar vortex.

Yup, the silly uneducated people don't realize that global warming
produces local and regional cooling, and increases the frequency and
intensity of extreme events. Most (but not all) events like this can't
be directly tied to global warming, but there's no doubt that such
events are more frequent and more severe because of it.

Never say die...

North American cold weather events have been fairly evenly distributed over the last 120 years or so. The worst was supposedly 1899, shortly after anything resembling detailed records were first kept.

We have only had reliable records of hurricanes for about 55-60 years, and nothing remarkable has happened in that period. We do have more people living near coasts, which has the effect of making hurricanes more noticeable in terms of death, destruction and newsworthiness.

The alarmists are among the worst offenders when it comes to CO2 emissions.

"I fly commercial, whenever possible." IOW, whenever he has a chance to go somewhere on an airplane, he does. If that's not convenient, he charters the LearJet.
Old February 1st 19, 03:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:51:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:
The worst was supposedly 1899, shortly after anything resembling detailed
records were first kept.

Given the plague that struck Israel after they held their first census, I'm
surprised this wasn't seen as a message from God that keeping detailed records of
the weather is contrary to His will!

John Savard
Old February 1st 19, 04:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 9:28:01 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:51:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:
The worst was supposedly 1899, shortly after anything resembling detailed
records were first kept.

Given the plague that struck Israel after they held their first census, I'm
surprised this wasn't seen as a message from God that keeping detailed records of
the weather is contrary to His will!

When was their first census, 1950?

Old February 1st 19, 04:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 8:03:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 9:28:01 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:51:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:

The worst was supposedly 1899, shortly after anything resembling detailed
records were first kept.

Given the plague that struck Israel after they held their first census, I'm
surprised this wasn't seen as a message from God that keeping detailed records of
the weather is contrary to His will!

When was their first census, 1950?

2 Samuel 24, 1 Chronicles 21.

John Savard
Old February 1st 19, 04:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:33:49 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 8:03:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 9:28:01 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:51:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:

The worst was supposedly 1899, shortly after anything resembling detailed
records were first kept.

Given the plague that struck Israel after they held their first census, I'm
surprised this wasn't seen as a message from God that keeping detailed records of
the weather is contrary to His will!

When was their first census, 1950?

2 Samuel 24, 1 Chronicles 21.

Oh, now you're getting all Biblical on us.

The reason detailed weather records weren't kept before the very late 1800s was that the technology wasn't widespread or affordable until the industrial revolution changed that. (Ironic, huh?) It had nothing to do with religion.