Zero gravity

Old January 17th 04, 08:01 AM
OM

On 17 Jan 2004 01:15:30 GMT, rk
wrote:

Jorge R. Frank wrote:

(Fisher gave NASA samples for testing; once the pens were
approved for spaceflight NASA bought 400 pens at $2.95 each.
Fisher charged no development costs to the government.)

Only $7.00 now.

....$43.91 AUD, natch :-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 17th 04, 03:44 PM
Chosp

"Jon Young" wrote in message
om...
ZERO GRAVITY

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they
quickly discovered that
ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To
combat this problem,
NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 million
developing a pen that writes
in zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface
including glass and at
temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300
C.

The Russians used a pencil.

Enjoy paying your taxes.

Urban legend.

Old January 17th 04, 06:30 PM
OM

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:43:44 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

No, Major Don West would say that to Maureen when he was performing
"routine maintenance" on her while her dorky husband was screwing around
with the robot.

....Ok, let's get the relationships straight:

- John was doing Maureen
- Don was doing Judy
- Penny was doing the Bloop
- Dr. Smith was doing Will
- Who gives a **** what the Robot was doing.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Charleston

"OM" om@O_blessed_NASA_orgymeister wrote:
Flannery commented:

No, Major Don West would say that to Maureen when he was performing
"routine maintenance" on her while her dorky husband was screwing around
with the robot.

...Ok, let's get the relationships straight:

- John was doing Maureen
- Don was doing Judy
- Penny was doing the Bloop
- Dr. Smith was doing Will
- Who gives a **** what the Robot was doing.

JerOMe once again expressing himself as only he can--apparently with typical
silent adoration and acceptance. Yep another case of the double standard.

--

Daniel
http://www.challengerdisaster.info

Old January 18th 04, 02:27 AM
Peter Smith

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote...
On 17 Jan 2004 01:15:30 GMT, rk
wrote:

Jorge R. Frank wrote:

(Fisher gave NASA samples for testing; once the pens were
approved for spaceflight NASA bought 400 pens at $2.95 each.
Fisher charged no development costs to the government.)

Only $7.00 now.

...$43.91 AUD, natch :-)

OM

Nope, US$7.00 is only Au$9.50 now
(Would have been ~$15 about 18 months ago.)

You yanks better pick up yer game!

- Peter

Old January 18th 04, 04:44 AM
LooseChanj

On or about Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:30:20 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
made the sensational claim that:
- Who gives a **** what the Robot was doing.

The ship, cuz that's who the Robot was doing.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Old January 19th 04, 01:25 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Andrew Gray" wrote in message
. ..
It's both conductive and flammable, as well. Something I really wouldn't
have wanted in an O2-rich atmosphere...

On a lark, I've used a pencil line as a temporary resistor when doing some
breadboarding.

Old January 19th 04, 05:18 AM
Jorge R. Frank

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in
:

"Andrew Gray" wrote in message
. ..
It's both conductive and flammable, as well. Something I really
wouldn't have wanted in an O2-rich atmosphere...

On a lark, I've used a pencil line as a temporary resistor when doing
some breadboarding.

Yup. I made a microphone out of a pencil and a couple of razor blades in
junior high. Conductive, they are...

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old March 2nd 04, 09:53 AM
Kent Betts

"Jon Young"

Enjoy paying your taxes.

The goddam Commies ought to be kissing our asses for achieving Marxism
better than they did. The taxes are used as method to transfer wealth,
mainly to government employees. A degreed worker pays effing rediculous
amounts so that the effing dirt bag high school
janitor/clerk/teacher/sherrif's deputy/chair warmer can make the same pay
working fewer hours. And of course these scum-sucking leeches complain that
they could earn more "in the private sector." We are getting ripped of in a
wholesale fashion.

Old March 2nd 04, 09:55 AM
Kent Betts

"OM"
...$43.91 AUD, natch :-)

Wow...so they really *DO* write upside down...HAHAHA....