Anyone Using an A-P Mount and TheSkyX?

Old March 22nd 16, 05:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Anyone Using an A-P Mount and TheSkyX?

Davoud:
Christ, I hate being caught in the middle, especially when the people
on either side of me are experts and I am a lowly user. Daniel Bisque
wrote in the SoftBisqUser Yahoo Group today "The AP hand paddle, not
TheSkyX, is entirely responsible for determining the OTA side of pier.
TheSkyX asks the hand paddle ³What side of pier is the OTA on?², and
then displays what the hand controller is reporting."

SlurpieMcDoublegulp:
Daniel Bisque is incorrect. The hand paddle does NOT control the mount. The
servo controls the mount. The hand paddle can be disconnected and the mount
will still report the telescope side - because the servo is the actual brains
of the mount. The hand paddle simply allows you to communicate with the
mount, same as any planetarium program.

I have understood your message and I will convey it to Daniel when I
see him at NEAIC/NEAF.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old March 22nd 16, 06:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

#

--

From the Cloudy Nights forum it looks like a conference for magnification enthusiasts and their celestial sphere descriptions of objects next to each other -

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/52...tial-calendar/

The idea of projecting the Earth's Lat/Long system out into RA/Dec is basically letting a bomb go off in astronomy -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ial_sphere.png

In actuality such a structure is horrible and circumpolar motion doesn't even look like a rotating sphere -

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap140620.html

No wonder the partitioning of retrogrades between the inner and outer planets go unnoticed,how planetary climate is defined, the dual surface rotation of the Earth and so many, many insights left untouched.

Old March 22nd 16, 07:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 11:56:59 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

The idea of projecting the Earth's Lat/Long system out into RA/Dec is basically letting a bomb go off in astronomy -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ial_sphere.png

Wherever did you get the outrageous idea that anyone, anywhere or anytime EVER suggested that the celestial sphere was a projection of the Earth's lat/long system? The 'bomb' must have gone off in you tiny brain! Sure, each uses vertical and horizontal coordinates, but they are labeled differently and apparently rotate with respect to each other.

On Earth we use the lat/long system to locate positions of cities, mountains, highways and whatever else needs precise positioning. In the skies we use the celestial sphere's Right Ascension and Declination to similarly locate celestial object in exactly the same way. So what? Each system is totally independent of the other and used only to describe the location of things in their own realms.

What are you thinking? This is among your goofiest claims ever. I thought I had heard it all, but this is beyond belief! No wonder you have so much trouble with perspective! Good grief...
Old March 22nd 16, 07:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 7:31:12 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
[...]

The Earth turns at a rate of 15 degrees per hour via the Lat/Long system which represents 1037.5 miles per hour and ultimately the entire 360 degrees circumference in 24 hours.

A bunch of celestial sphere fundamentalists like you can't express this basic fact as you have suffered an indoctrination that the Earth turns once in 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds. Just rotten and unapologetic radicals of the worst creed.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/JennyChen.shtml

It is not possible to deal with fundamentalism directly , after all, people who insist there is one more rotation than there are day/night cycles by asserting that rotating to the Sun and to the stars can be split apart in order to arrive at the 'sidereal rate' are the worst of the worst. Just bad people who would poison astronomy and terrestrial sciences for no reason whatsoever.
Old March 22nd 16, 08:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

[...]

What makes you a creep is that you will just as easily insist that if you put two sticks in the ground and use a rotating celestial sphere (circumpolar motion) that the return of a star will equate to one rotation of the Earth in 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds.

I am not in the business of dealing with a rotten bunch of celestial sphere enthusiasts anymore, as far as I am concerned if you want to spend the rest of your rotten lives doing something unconscionable then so be it but no future generation will suffer the most fundamentalist and dour people ever to set foot on this gorgeous planet.

Drawing on a well of inspiration it is possible to pass a lifetime on this planet and actually admire the great motions which make life possible and that is something you and the other uninspired can't do.

Just bad,bad people but this forum does exist as the only medium to create a standard for others to build on.

Old March 22nd 16, 08:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 12:47:23 PM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

The Earth turns at a rate of 15 degrees per hour via the Lat/Long system which represents 1037.5 miles per hour and ultimately the entire 360 degrees circumference in 24 hours.

Yes, this is entirely correct, with respect to the Sun, no argument from anyone about that.

A bunch of celestial sphere fundamentalists like you can't express this basic fact...

Now you have reverted to outright lying again. Don't you know you can go to hell for lying?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...bG0%5B26-50%5D
Old March 22nd 16, 09:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Two types of rotations to the central Sun creating two separate day/night cycles with special attention to the polar day/night cycle and particularly at the Equinox event just past when the Sun came into view at the North pole for the first time in 6 months -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okw6Mu3mxdM

There is no way celestial sphere enthusiasts are going to admire this as they try to split the Earth into two separate daily rotations and can't bring themselves to grasp that the appearance of the Sun each day followed by the great arena of stars is from the same rotation each day and 24 hours.

The bomb that went off in astronomy was the notion that a rotating celestial sphere correlates directly with the rotation of the Earth through 360 degrees and the devastation for the RA/Dec generated ideology rotted astronomy from the inside. These people neither know nor care what was done , not even when common sense dictates that one rotation creates the day (appearance of the Sun)/night (appearance of the stars) cycle.

There are explosions which create physical damage and then their is the utter devastation created by people who are long since dead but still have their followers.

Give the Equatorial speed of the Earth per hour and the game is up and astronomy begins.

Old March 25th 16, 09:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

All you have to do is provide a satisfactory explanation of why this
happens and you might get your first disciple. Until you do you will carry
on being in a minority of one.

Old March 25th 16, 10:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 9:57:19 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

What makes you a creep is that you will just as easily insist that if you
put two sticks in the ground and use a rotating celestial sphere
(circumpolar motion) that the return of a star will equate to one
rotation of the Earth in 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds.

All you have to do is provide a satisfactory explanation of why this
happens and you might get your first disciple. Until you do you will carry
on being in a minority of one.

Polar twilight comes on gently over many weeks as does polar dawn and these events happen at either polar latitudes once a year unlike daily twilight and dawn which arises from a separate rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okw6Mu3mxdM

Foolish consensus created a notion that rotation to the Sun and rotation to the stars were two separate things in order to create a monstrosity that can't be and doesn't need to be explained .

Now we have two distinct rotations with two separate effects for observers on the surface and that lovely dawn that signals the rebirth of life in the Northern hemisphere where the two rotations combine to create Spring.

A rotten human being will look to distract from what was always here for as long as the Earth turned daily and made a circuit of the Sun. During that time the planet saw so many lifeforms that have come and gone until a species appeared that could make sense of the great cycles on which all life depends.

Given the day that is in it, there is always an appeal to human goodness as we look to the present and the future and not the errors and poor judgments of the past.

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Jesus

It doesn't matter how hard you try, the greater existence encompasses you and everyone else so that is the mutual appreciation that binds the individual to the Universal in as many individual ways as there are people on this planet.

Old March 26th 16, 12:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

oriel36 wrote:

[...]

Until you provide a satisfactory explanation of why the stars appear to
rotate around the celestial poles once every sidereal day you are doomed to
be in a minority of one. This is your personal hell.