OT B-2 crash video

Old June 10th 08, 02:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default OT B-2 crash video

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)"
wrote:

I prefer the USAF system of naming things after dead aircrew to the
USN system of naming things after local places.

The USN reserves important names for important things.

Like boats? Or is that ships? I always get them confused... ;-)

I don't know if Derek knows what a ship is. We'll have to translate. I
believe he knows them as "targets". :-)

(Jeff ducks and runs for cover...)

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!

Old June 10th 08, 06:56 PM posted to sci.space.history
Derek Lyons

wrote:

I prefer the USAF system of naming things after dead aircrew to the
USN system of naming things after local places.

The USN reserves important names for important things.

Like boats? Or is that ships? I always get them confused... ;-)

I don't know if Derek knows what a ship is. We'll have to translate. I
believe he knows them as "targets". :-)

LOL

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old June 10th 08, 08:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:56:10 GMT, (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

I don't know if Derek knows what a ship is. We'll have to translate. I
believe he knows them as "targets". :-)

LOL

....Someone owes me a keyboard after that one :-)

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old June 12th 08, 05:35 AM posted to sci.space.history
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:26:15 +0000 (UTC), Rick Jones
wrote:

"Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)" wrote:
Trivia question: Who is the only living pilot who has a street named
after him at Edwards AFB?

Yeager?

Got it in one. They named it after him during the 50th anniversary of
exceeding Mach 1 celebration. I was invited to the speechifying on
the ramp ceremony but didn't make it to the street-naming ceremony. It
was one of those oppressively hot October Santa Ana days and I was
flagging after hours on the hot ramp. I talked a bit with Bob Hoover,
who had flown safety chase, and Jack Roush, who was someone's guest. I
also talked to Chuck briefly.

Mary "Lots of interesting folks there"
We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or
Visit my blog at
http://thedigitalknitter.blogspot.com/
Old June 12th 08, 05:58 AM posted to sci.space.history
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

wrote:

"Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)" wrote:
Trivia question: Who is the only living pilot who has a street named
after him at Edwards AFB?

Yeager?

...Mary, I've been told that there were in fact *two* streets at
Edwards named for Yeager. Is one of these on-base and the other
locates on whatever off-base community exists out there?

There's nothing off-base per se. I suppose they could have a Yeager
Street in Mojave or Rosamond or California City, but that's not really
what I'd call Edwards. The base is two-thirds the size of Rhode
Island and everything is set well inside the boundary.

There was a big to-do at the time, about naming the street after him
even though he was alive. He made jokes about it, the general made
jokes about it, Bob Hoover made jokes about it.

However, I have to point out that they'd named streets after living
people before. There's been a Doolittle St at EDW for as long as I've
been working on base. Ditto Lindbergh St. Those weren't "local"
people, though.

I suppose one of the dirt roads in North Edwards could be named after
Yeager, but who would know except the USPS? They don't have street
signs out there, after all.

Mary "Besides, it could be named after Jeana Yeager (no relation)."
Old June 12th 08, 07:13 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:05:44 -0700, "Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary
Shafer)" wrote:

I'm sorry to let you down, OM, but I was wrong. Wrong, wrong,
wrongitty, wrong. It happens once a decade, so you can believe every
word I write for the rest of this one. No need to question anything,
just believe.

....Well, in that case, should I award her the I Corrected Mary pink
flight scarf and matching aviatrix' gloves? Or just give her a
leftover ICH T-shirt? :-)

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old June 14th 08, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

Shafer)" wrote:

I'm sorry to let you down, OM, but I was wrong. Wrong, wrong,
wrongitty, wrong. It happens once a decade, so you can believe every
word I write for the rest of this one. No need to question anything,
just believe.

...Well, in that case, should I award her the I Corrected Mary pink
flight scarf and matching aviatrix' gloves? Or just give her a
leftover ICH T-shirt? :-)

Go with the scarf, but hang onto the gloves. The next decade will be
upon us sooner than we think.

Mary "The scarf is white, not pink"
We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or
Visit my blog at
http://thedigitalknitter.blogspot.com/

Free female orgasm video,Squirting orgasm video [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 March 15th 08 04:12 PM
New Space Music Video, STS-120, P6 2B... Help- lost video! Craig Fink Space Station 1 November 11th 07 08:18 PM
Crash & Burn Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 March 2nd 06 07:15 AM
Train Crash Double-A Misc 14 January 27th 05 08:34 AM
Crash for Armidillo BitBanger Policy 86 August 17th 04 10:49 PM