Soviet Mars 3 lander found?

Old April 23rd 13, 04:30 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Soviet Mars 3 lander found?

On Apr 23, 5:36*am, Fred J. McCall
Hint: We know about where they hit, since they were impacted
deliberately.

*truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Thomas Jefferson

Fred IGNORANCE IS YOU!

The apollo 11 upper stage LM location is uknown because it was just
left abandoned in lunar orbit...

all the later ones were impacted as part of a test of the
seismograps.....

more junk posts from fred
Old April 23rd 13, 04:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

astronomers could look for the evidence of the LMs impact at known
locations to get a idea of what 11s shoud look like.....

in any case amatuer astronomers have accomplished a lot in recent
years. hopefully they will locate snoopy. but while looking they may
turn up a dangerous asteroid
Old April 23rd 13, 05:32 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rick Jones

Jeff Findley wrote:
Bull****. We don't recover dead bodies from the top of Everest
either. That would be easier and cheaper to do than finding and
recovering Snoopy.

I was curious about body recovery from Everest. This:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...odies-faq.html

is an interesting read on the topic.

rick jones
- Rick Jones
Old April 23rd 13, 07:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

"Rick Jones" wrote in message
Jeff Findley wrote:
Bull****. We don't recover dead bodies from the top of Everest
either. That would be easier and cheaper to do than finding and
recovering Snoopy.

I was curious about body recovery from Everest. This:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...odies-faq.html

is an interesting read on the topic.

Of course one of the bodies on Everest is that of Karl Henize.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old April 23rd 13, 10:22 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

so some bodies are recovered.

jeff that discredits your statement that they arent......

while recovering dead bodies on everest requires risking human life,
recovering snoopy robotically means theres zero risk to human life....

and with musks flyback booster about to slash costs dramatically,
snoopy has lots of things looking up to getting it back home

Although how to deorbit it safely is still a stumbling block

anyone have some creative ideas?
Old April 24th 13, 04:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"bob haller" wrote in message

moon astronauts recovered a tv cable from a surveyor,for
research.........

Yes, because they were there. Not because they flew specifically for THAT
purpose.

fred your reasons for not recovering snoopy are the same ones for not
recovering saturn 5 engines from the deep ocean....

sooner or later recovery effort will be made.

Yes. Later. Much later.

perhaps using a apollo CM docking parts from a museum

Old April 24th 13, 01:20 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

moon astronauts recovered a tv cable from a surveyor,for
research.........

Yes, because they were there. *Not because they flew specifically for THAT
purpose.

no but that long term study was worth the effort involved

fred your reasons for not recovering snoopy are the same ones for not
recovering saturn 5 engines from the deep ocean....

sooner or later recovery effort will be made.

Yes. *Later. *Much later.

Greg D. Moore

GREAT now someone admits snoopys recovery will eventually occur
Thats PROGRESS

besides the basic infrastructure for recovery will exist, the same
sort of equiptement to return a asteroid to earts vicinity.
Old April 24th 13, 01:34 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"bob haller" wrote in message

moon astronauts recovered a tv cable from a surveyor,for
research.........

Yes, because they were there. Not because they flew specifically for
THAT
purpose.

no but that long term study was worth the effort involved

Because the effort involved was essentially zero.
We already had the Apollo mission planned.
One goal was a targeted landing.

The particular Surveyor happened to be in a workable position.

Had there not been a Surveyor that was in a location that met the other
mission requirements, they would not have altered the mission in order to
land next to one.

It was a happy byproduct of the mission planning, NOT the goal.

fred your reasons for not recovering snoopy are the same ones for not
recovering saturn 5 engines from the deep ocean....

sooner or later recovery effort will be made.

Yes. Later. Much later.

Greg D. Moore

GREAT now someone admits snoopys recovery will eventually occur
Thats PROGRESS

Yes Bob because I can't predict the future. Someday someone may launch a
generation ship to Ceti Alpha V. But I'm not going to place my bets on it
happening any time soon. That's really what we're talking about.

Old April 24th 13, 09:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

I am not the only one interested in snoopy

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Foru...ML/001171.html
Old April 25th 13, 06:44 AM posted to sci.space.history
snidely

Greg (Strider) Moore is guilty of
as of 4/24/2013
5:34:39 AM
"bob haller" wrote in message

Yes Bob because I can't predict the future. Someday someone may launch a
generation ship to Ceti Alpha V. But I'm not going to place my bets on it
happening any time soon. That's really what we're talking about.

besides the basic infrastructure for recovery will exist, the same
sort of equiptement to return a asteroid to earts vicinity.

It doesn't seem unreasonable, once that equipment is proven. But not
as the first or second mission.

And it isn't unreasonable that the fleet of telescopes which might get
launched for killer-asteroid surveys might be the tool that locates
Snoopy, but that would be a secondary use and not something that would
have a priority in the early phases of THAT project.

And all this may happen before "Veeja" returns.

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?