Story Musgrave disses ISS

Old April 23rd 10, 09:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.atheism
Fevric J. Glandules

Default Story Musgrave disses ISS

Jonathan wrote:

what is the hope, of life here on Earth? Hubble is symbolic
for a knowledge machine that is potentially able to link
cosmology, theology, philosophy and astronomy. It is able
to hold a mirror to humanity -- the kind of mirror
that says 'What kind of universe is it, and what is our
place in it? Who are we, and who should we be?'"

Or indeed, 'Is it just me, or is that a little fuzzy? Do I
need a new pair of spectacles?'.
Old April 24th 10, 09:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected] |

On Apr 23, 1:46*pm, "Fevric J. Glandules"
wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
what is the hope, of life here on Earth? Hubble is symbolic
for a knowledge machine that is potentially able to link
cosmology, theology, philosophy and astronomy. It is able
to hold a mirror to humanity -- the kind of mirror
that says 'What kind of universe is it, and what is our
place in it? Who are we, and who should we be?'"

Or indeed, 'Is it just me, or is that a little fuzzy? *Do I
need a new pair of spectacles?'.

Naw, it is your diabetes throwing off your osmotic eye
pressure. Get the glucose levels under control and
it will even out.

Or in other words, enjoy the ride and just go ahead and
send a full replacement "hubble" with the savings. I am
assuming there was a double meaning in your comment
as their was in mine.
Old April 24th 10, 11:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Fevric J. Glandules

wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
what is the hope, of life here on Earth? Hubble is symbolic
for a knowledge machine that is potentially able to link
cosmology, theology, philosophy and astronomy. It is able
to hold a mirror to humanity -- the kind of mirror
that says 'What kind of universe is it, and what is our
place in it? Who are we, and who should we be?'"

Or indeed, 'Is it just me, or is that a little fuzzy? *Do I
need a new pair of spectacles?'.

Naw, it is your diabetes throwing off your osmotic eye
pressure. Get the glucose levels under control and
it will even out.

I don't *think* I'm diabetic.

Or in other words, enjoy the ride and just go ahead and
send a full replacement "hubble" with the savings. I am
assuming there was a double meaning in your comment
as their was in mine.

Just playing around with the concepts "Hubble", "mirror",
and "corrective optics".

Hubble has been a fantastic instrument. However it's my
understanding that the march of technology means that
adaptive optics now makes it cheaper to build a telescope
of that angular resolution on Earth. Which is why the new
space telescopes are dedicated to observing the wavelengths
that don't make it down to the planet's surface.