ISS: Eaten out of house and home

Old December 11th 04, 04:41 AM
Matt J. McCullar

Default ISS: Eaten out of house and home

Read an article in the paper today that there is a shortage of food on board
the International Space Station. Apparently some folks got their wires
crossed on exactly how much grub should be left in the pantry. And if the
next supply ship can't dock or launch in time, there's a chance two two
astronauts may have to bag up and come home -- leaving the ISS unmanned.

In the meantime, both 'nauts (one astro- and one cosmo-) have been
instructed to cut back on their food intake a notch.

Old December 11th 04, 06:20 AM
OM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 04:41:37 GMT, "Matt J. McCullar"
wrote:

Read an article in the paper today that there is a shortage of food on board
the International Space Station. Apparently some folks got their wires
crossed on exactly how much grub should be left in the pantry.

....Either that, or someone's been raiding the 'fridge too much in the
middle of the night :-)

"Coming up next on CNN: NASA Astronaut Dagwood Bumstead answers
questions about the sudden food shortage on board the International
Space Station..."

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 11th 04, 06:53 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

"Coming up next on CNN: NASA Astronaut Dagwood Bumstead answers
questions about the sudden food shortage on board the International
Space Station..."

I'd suspect Homer Simpson and our new insect overlords.

Pat

Old December 11th 04, 09:14 AM
Dale

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:53:09 -0600, Pat Flannery wrote:

I'd suspect Homer Simpson and our new insect overlords.

We have new ones? I was just getting used to the old ones.

I hate change...

Dale
Old December 11th 04, 04:27 PM
John Whisenhunt

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote:
Read an article in the paper today that there is a shortage of food on
board
the International Space Station.

When exactly do they expect to launch the Kwik-E-Mart Module? I bet those
fellas could use a Tang Squishee.

JW

Old December 11th 04, 04:36 PM
Charles Buckley

John Whisenhunt wrote:
"Matt J. McCullar" wrote:

Read an article in the paper today that there is a shortage of food on
board
the International Space Station.

When exactly do they expect to launch the Kwik-E-Mart Module? I bet those
fellas could use a Tang Squishee.

No.. Looks far more suitable for S-Mart..

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Old December 11th 04, 05:37 PM

Actually, the way they expand, it will probably be Walmart.

Old December 12th 04, 03:33 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

wrote:

I'd suspect Homer Simpson and our new insect overlords.

We have new ones? I was just getting used to the old ones.

Well, I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

I hate change...

Dale

Old December 12th 04, 04:08 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
Well, I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

Roasted, with barbeque sauce and a side of jalapenos...

Old December 12th 04, 09:22 AM
Revision

They were supposed to start using the 45 day reserve supply at Christmas,
when the cargo ship is scheduled to arrive. One report suggested that
they had started in on the reserves around Dec.1.