Garver breaks with POTUS: lists lunar surface as NASA exploration destination.

Old September 21st 12, 05:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Howard Brazee

Default Garver breaks with POTUS: lists lunar surface as NASA exploration destination.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:56:02 -0700, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

High employment of the tax paying middle class is the easiest way to
balance a budget.

Have we ever had a different way succeed?

Yes. In fact, we almost ALWAYS have a different way succeed.

Go look at who is actually paying the income taxes. This idea that
the middle class supports everyone else simply isn't supported by the
facts.

Give me an example of a state with the power to print its own money
where a different way has succeeded.

That certainly was how the Clinton budget was balanced.

- James Madison
Old September 21st 12, 10:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Howard Brazee

wrote:

High employment of the tax paying middle class is the easiest way to
balance a budget.

Have we ever had a different way succeed?

Yes. In fact, we almost ALWAYS have a different way succeed.

Go look at who is actually paying the income taxes. This idea that
the middle class supports everyone else simply isn't supported by the
facts.

Give me an example of a state with the power to print its own money
where a different way has succeeded.

A different way than "high employment of the tax paying middle class"?
The United States is a fine example.

Most people would say the United States does not have a balanced
budget. But you are free to your own opinion.

Go look at who pays the Federal income taxes. It's mostly NOT "the
tax paying middle class".

That certainly was how the Clinton budget was balanced.

Hogwash!

So please explain how that budget was balanced. Maybe we should try
that policy.

- James Madison
Old September 22nd 12, 09:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Greg Goss

Brad Guth wrote:

Since when to the truly rich and powerful (such as those with personal
car elevators) not get automatic bonus loot or other perks in order to
cover whatever little tax they can't avoid paying?

Romney deliberately amended his taxes to pay a bit extra so that we
wouldn't notice the lie in his "never below 13%" statement. Several
people have pointed out that he can re-amend it after November to put
the charity back in.
--
I used to own a mind like a steel trap.
Perhaps if I'd specified a brass one, it
Old September 22nd 12, 11:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 22, 1:51*pm, Greg Goss wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
Since when to the truly rich and powerful (such as those with personal
car elevators) not get automatic bonus loot or other perks in order to
cover whatever little tax they can't avoid paying?

Romney deliberately amended his taxes to pay a bit extra so that we
wouldn't notice the lie in his "never below 13%" statement. *Several
people have pointed out that he can re-amend it after November to put
the charity back in.
--
I used to own a mind like a steel trap.
Perhaps if I'd specified a brass one, it
wouldn't have rusted like this.

Are you suggesting that our redneck politicians can't be trusted to do
the right thing?

Here it seems we're continually being told that Muslims are supposedly
the untrustworthy kind. Go figure.
Old September 23rd 12, 01:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Howard Brazee

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:51:23 -0600, Greg Goss wrote:

Romney deliberately amended his taxes to pay a bit extra so that we
wouldn't notice the lie in his "never below 13%" statement. Several
people have pointed out that he can re-amend it after November to put
the charity back in.

Romney is also on record in saying that anybody who pays more taxes
than he has to doesn't deserve to be president.

- James Madison
Old September 25th 12, 06:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 22, 5:47*pm, Howard Brazee wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:51:23 -0600, Greg Goss wrote:
Romney deliberately amended his taxes to pay a bit extra so that we
wouldn't notice the lie in his "never below 13%" statement. *Several
people have pointed out that he can re-amend it after November to put
the charity back in.

Romney is also on record in saying that anybody who pays more taxes
than he has to doesn't deserve to be president.

- James Madison

Tax avoidance is always a key part to being an Oligarch in good
standing.