census openly clears Elizabeth's future

Old August 15th 07, 04:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dilbert[_2_]

Default census openly clears Elizabeth's future

three feet of the ATM.

# "Eye To Eye: Contact!", Information Week magazine, June 3 1996
#
# Computer passwords may be a thing of the past using a scanner that maps
# over 400 identifying features of your iris. The system will be tested at
# ATMs in Columbus, Ohio later this year. The company has been inundated
# with calls from other industries interested in using the technology.

And what about head shots of people...any 'machine vision' deals there?

* "New System Lets Computer Identify Pictures and Images"
* The New York Times, By John Holusha, [I failed to date the article clipping]
*
* New technology that may help solve one of the thorniest problems in computer
* science---teaching machines to recognize pictures--- was announced yesterday
* by officials of the David Sarnoff Research Center in Princeton, NJ. "We are
* going to make a business out of this", said IS VP Curtis R. Carlson. "It
* does things on a personal computer that used to require a supercomputer."

# "FBI Setting Standards for Computer Picture File of Criminals", NYT, 11/5/95
#
# A meeting called "Mug Shot and Facial Image Standards Conference" was held
# to set facial image standards. The standards will take into account
# emerging technologies like software that determines if two facial images
# belong to the same person, even from composite sketches.

Yep. Even using photographs. More on this later.

----

And what does a National ID Card with a Universal Biometric identifier mean?

A number (that is: scanned fingerprint or iris) that cannot be faked.

Unprecedented possibilities for control of the presumed g