2 Different M20s

Old August 1st 04, 04:46 PM
Dennis Persyk

Default 2 Different M20s

In my third attempt at RGB tricolor I have run into what I think are
light pollution issues. I can handle light pollution in my gray scale
imaging but it is much harder in color. My problems were compounded
because I started imaging with my target low and already an hour past
the meridian.

In Version 1 I take the coward's way out and just crop and move the
black point over far enough to eliminate gradients.

In Version 2 I have much more luminosity but for reasons I do not
understand, I have red halos around the stars.

After hours and hours of processing images and still more images, I
don't remember exactly what got done to whom. The results are sure
different, however.

I have posted two images to my website and I'd appreciate feedback on
which appeals to you.

Images and simulated eyepiece view at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

Thank you for visiting my site.