Globular cluster PAL 11 in Aql

Old June 20th 09, 04:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Default Globular cluster PAL 11 in Aql

Dear group ... and that guy Kelleher,

Finally I had a chance to do some DSO work last night thanks to the
clearing of the haze which characterized local skies all of this week.
In addition to the very good transparency, seeing was also quite good.

I decided to pursue the globular cluster PAL 11 in Aquila and which is
an observer's challenge along with the remaining members of the PAL
catalog.

For a result based on just under three hours total exposure time, I
kindly direct you to http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-Cluster-Palomar-11.htm
(the image is hyperlinked and leads to a higher resolution result).

I have no idea what Rolando feeds these scopes but it must be really
good (and illegal)!

Keep'em coming Rolando.

Anthony.
Old June 21st 09, 05:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Congratulations: a photograph by you of the Sun rising behind the
Parthenon is today's Astronomy Picture of the Day.

John Savard
Old June 22nd 09, 10:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Vossinakis Andreas[_2_]

Very nice Anthony, I wonder if the string os blue stars in the lower part of
the photo belongs to another (possibly open) cluster

Andreas

Old June 22nd 09, 12:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jun 20, 4:33*pm, Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
Dear group ... and that guy Kelleher,

Finally I had a chance to do some DSO work last night thanks to the
clearing of the haze which characterized local skies all of this week.
In addition to the very good transparency, seeing was also quite good.

I decided to pursue the globular cluster PAL 11 in Aquila and which is
an observer's challenge along with the remaining members of the PAL
catalog.

For a result based on just under three hours total exposure time, I
kindly direct you tohttp://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-Cluster-Palomar-11.htm
(the image is hyperlinked and leads to a higher resolution result).

I have no idea what Rolando feeds these scopes but it must be really
good (and illegal)!

Keep'em coming Rolando.

Anthony.

You are an astrophotographer with very,very little astronomical sense
of your roots and with very little respect for the efforts which link
the geostatic astronomers of Greece with the great Western astronomers
who's efforts are based on planetary dynamics.

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Sc...nrise-Seas.htm

Between the Summer and Winter positions of the Sun are the Equinoxes
where there is a symmetrical difference between daylight/darkness
thereby negating the original hypothesis of Copernicus that the
seasons are due to variable axial/equatorial inclination.Of
course,that great man was observing and making conclusions from a
historical point of view when there was no need to distinguish climate
from weather patterns as there is today and there was no miserable
fudging of 'variable tilt to the orbital plane' which constitutes your
explanation.

Don't bother putting my name in your threads any longer, judging by
the standard where not even the daily rotational EOT difference
between natural noon and 24 hour clock noon survives in this forum,I
would say that astronomy is all but extinct,not just here but in the
entire world.

With the fossil guy in the ascendent in this forum , you taking
counsel from uk.astronomy and no platform or authority for
astronomy,I would say human involvement in this particular discipline
which stretches back to remote antiquity is done for a while.Even with
images in fron to you uyou still can't work things out but then
again,you are no better or worse than the rest.

Old June 22nd 09, 05:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Curtis Croulet[_2_]

You are an astrophotographer with very,very little astronomical sense
of your roots and with very little respect for the efforts which link
the geostatic astronomers of Greece with the great Western astronomers
who's efforts are based on planetary dynamics...blah, blah, blah

The guy posts a link to a great image of a faint and rarely-viewed globular
cluster, and you respond with yet another immense essay of unrelated and
irrelevant drivel. Amazing.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old June 22nd 09, 06:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On 22 June, 17:22, "Curtis Croulet"
wrote:
You are an astrophotographer with very,very little astronomical sense
of your roots and with very little respect for the efforts which link
the geostatic astronomers of Greece with the great Western astronomers
who's efforts are based on planetary dynamics...blah, blah, blah

The guy posts a link to a great image of a faint and rarely-viewed globular
cluster, and you respond with yet another immense essay of unrelated and
irrelevant drivel. *Amazing.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Sc...nrise-Seas.htm

Pick any Solstice such as the Northern Winter Solstice and the Earth
has spent 6 months orbitally heading in a forward direction and is
now,after the Summer Solstice,is heading in a backward direction
thereby changing the rotational orientation to the Sun.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...999/11/video/b

Four years spent demonstrating this using actual images of this
additional dynamic in action and not one single affirmation and it
is still described as 'tilt to the orbital plane'.What is it ?,is
there some mental block where people can't make the transition to the
intepretation of planetary dynamics because I find it incredible that
any reasonable person can miss out on basic,basic astronomical
principles,using modern imaging.

There is a guy who just posted that there is no association between
the Equation of Time and the daily cycle and he hasn't a care in the
world as he turns his attention to some other novelty while not
receiving the slightest objection here.He and everyone else can make
up stories at will,if there is no 'absolute time' even though it
constitutes Newton's definition of the Equation of Time,then to hell
with Newton,if Copernicus states variable axial tilt then who
cares,all that matters is what is required to maintain an ability to
say anything ,the ultimate offence against astronomy -

"Nazi theory indeed specifically denies that such a thing as "the
truth" exists. […] The implied objective of this line of thought is a
nightmare world in which the Leader, or some ruling clique, controls
not only the future but the past. If the Leader says of such and such
an event, "It never happened"—well, it never happened. If he says that
two and two are five—well, two and two are five. This prospect
frightens me much more than bombs […]" Orwell

There is some dignity to the distortions of Newton/Flamsteed as they
follow a geometric line of reasoning and even those who tried to find
a way around them over the centuries,after 1905 ,there is nothing but
a free for all and it is showing up today in the ability to unfairly
dump pollution concerns on people by excluding astronomical
qualifiers,a total lack of appreciation for planetary dynamics and
bookended by a 'counter-intuitive' BB theory that is an exclamation
for astrological thinking.

I can't see how the Americans or any other nation of the world would
allow a type of social tyranny foisted upon them as 'climate
change' when the same people cannot handle basic planetary
dynamics,it is that simple and the important.

Old June 22nd 09, 10:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Curtis Croulet[_2_]

Pick any Solstice...etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Did you even look at Anthony's image? Did you read his accompanying
comments? Have you bothered to investigate what a Palomar globular is?
Both of your posts (so far) in this thread have been utterly unrelated to
the topic.

BTW, in your earlier post you used "who's" (a contraction of "who is") when
you apparently meant "whose." Apparently grammar isn't your strong suit,
either. That's aside from reading comprehension.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old June 22nd 09, 10:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jun 22, 10:24*pm, "Curtis Croulet"
wrote:
Pick any Solstice...etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Did you even look at Anthony's image? *Did you read his accompanying
comments? *Have you bothered to investigate what a Palomar globular is?
Both of your posts (so far) in this thread have been utterly unrelated to
the topic.

BTW, in your earlier post you used "who's" (a contraction of "who is") when
you apparently meant "whose." *Apparently grammar isn't your strong suit,
either. *That's aside from reading comprehension.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

The so-called planet 'debate' ended with the belief that people will
eventually get accustomed to 8 planets just as they believe that they
will become accustomed to the term ' global climate change' instead of
what it actually is - pollution. Many people suspect that the grounds
for dumping a global temperature spike on humanity is at best weak
while I know just how reckless that conclusion actually is,and how it
generates a conceptual rut that may be impossible to get out of.

This social tyranny of correlating global temperatures directly with
carbon dioxide levels is toxic from any point of view,but in this
insane world dominated by scientists who can't get basic astronomical
facts for shape and rotation straight,the wider population out of
laziness is swallowing the hyper-fuss.

You are children playing around with magnification equipment and
calling yourselves astronomers but I have yet to meet another one who
can come close to a conversation.

Old June 22nd 09, 11:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Curtis Croulet[_2_]

The so-called planet 'debate' ended with the belief that people will
eventually get accustomed to 8 planets...etc.

Whew! How much more irrelevant can you get? There's more "astronomy" in
Anthony's image and data than in all of your accumulated posts. You're a
one-trick pony, and the trick isn't working.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California