test and repost

Old July 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Jones Laptop

Default test and repost

Posted this a few days ago - cannot see any replies. My other ng's can see
my posts but can you? (please don't suggest I try uk.test.etc as that only
shows me my post - and I can see my original post here already)

I see other newbie posts in this ng with helpful replies:- can I have some
please?

Here's that first post:-

Just bought my first scope, a Celestron Nexstar 102mm refarctor with
motorised gismos and software that I've almost worked out.

However, it asks me for the SAO's that it's descruction manual doesn't
list/include - even for the most obvious/brightest stars!

I've Googled and downloaded Gigs of stuff that still doesn't tell me what
99999XXAABB etc represents which star - can one or some of you kind folks
tell me where to look (a URL) or what I'm doing wrong please.

Thanks

Mark

Old July 3rd 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Jones Laptop

refarctor - nee refractor!

doh!