The Sky at Night with Sir Patrick Moo Watch it online!

Old May 17th 05, 05:02 AM
Uncle Bob

Default The Sky at Night with Sir Patrick Moo Watch it online!

Some cloudy night activity for you:

A long running (46 years?) monthly BBC series about astronomy,
"The Sky at Night" is available for free viewing online.
There is a collection of past episodes as well, going back 5 years.

I believe windows users will need RealPlayer or something like it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/s...proginfo.shtml

Clear Skies

Uncle Bob
Old May 17th 05, 05:37 AM
Coppy Littlehouse

Oh my God! He wears a monocle! Unbelievable. I thought that affectation
went out with Kipling.

Old May 17th 05, 06:40 AM
Uncle Bob

Coppy Littlehouse wrote:
Oh my God! He wears a monocle! Unbelievable. I thought that affectation
went out with Kipling.

I was going to order one, but LensCrafters doesn't carry them. :-)
Uncle Bob
Old May 17th 05, 07:54 AM
Vernon

"Coppy Littlehouse" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh my God! He wears a monocle! Unbelievable. I thought that affectation
went out with Kipling.

My goodness, someone who has not seen Patrick before!

As well as that, he collects old mechanical typewriters and, in his time,
was quite a good cricket player.

A good old fashioned English gentleman (who knows a great deal about
astronomy as well).

Old May 17th 05, 10:46 AM
Tim Auton

"Coppy Littlehouse" wrote:

Oh my God! He wears a monocle! Unbelievable. I thought that affectation
went out with Kipling.

Behold the monocle while you can, judging by the rate his trousers are
consuming him we'll only be able to see the top of his head in a year
or two! ;-)

Tim
--
Don't tell me I'm still on that feckin' island!
Old May 18th 05, 07:52 PM
Larry Stedman

Yeah, but is the monocle by Televue? :-)

Larry Stedman
Vestal