Questionable Venus Surface Photograps

Old September 7th 03, 10:03 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Gerry Aitken wrote in article

i don't know why i'm bothering to engage you

Because you're equally as stupid as your assumed intelligence.

Old September 7th 03, 10:08 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Gerry Aitken wrote in article
Flying _Naked_People wrote:

It's rather **apparent** I don't have whatever "resources" that you
have... ISN'T it?

Yep, you clearly have no brain!

Does that make you part of something special now? Will you finally get your
cherished group acceptance from making such an anserine comment? Are you
"kewl" all of a sudden now? Did your 5 words earn you acceptance with the "IN"
crowd? Does being a follower mean you're as important as the others you're
trying to impress?

Or are you just as lame as were before you posted such an "intelligent"
thesis?

--

Gerry Aitken

...and a friend shall lose a friend's hammer -- Book of Cyril, chapter
6, verse 16

Old September 7th 03, 10:16 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Bill Duncan wrote in article
. ..

Why doesn't everyone either just ignore or killfile her?If no one
responds to her ranting maybe she will just go away.Bill.

By all means - put me in your kill file. You assholes don't even realize
you're filtering YOURSELVES from the genuine, kind-hearted people who don't
mind helping me and maybe a few silent others get to the bottom of things.

As a matter of fact, I recommend that all jack-asses put me in their
killfiles. There is NO need for your information!

Old September 7th 03, 10:31 PM
Ron Miller

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message ...
--
Angels exist - and this artist has seen them!
http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/default.htm

Ron Miller wrote in article

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message ...
Ron Miller wrote in article

A little more research plus a phone call to
Charles Vick (the leading authority on the Soviet space program, who,
fortunately, lives only a few miles from here),

Oh yeah!!! I forgot I had his phone number on my Palm!

Please, that wasn't very nice. I was just trying to let you know that I went
to some trouble to get an expert answer for you.

revealed this: The Venera
spacecraft were constructed of pretty much the same materials as most

other
Soviet spacecraft---and US spacecraft, too, for that matter. These

materials
included (and I've added their melting points in degrees F) stainless

steel
(2550), aluminum (1218), copper (1981), titanium (3263), tungsten

(6150),
various lightweight copper, magnesium and aluminum alloys (all with

melting
points well over 1000), silicon (about 2605 depending the compound),

quartz
(for the camera windows---2912) and assorted ceramics. There was no film

in
the cameras---they were video. As has been pointed out to you already

(and
repeatedly at that), the main protection to the spacecraft was not the
materials used in its construction but the special cooling system built

into
it to shield the instruments. And even that managed to last only a few
minutes.

I hope this answers your question.

It's a start, and I thank you. It's rather **apparent** I don't have

whatever
"resources" that you have... ISN'T it?

Sure, but that's one of the advantages of this newsgroup: there are people
here who do have great resources. I make use of their expertise all the
time.

RM

Old September 7th 03, 10:34 PM
Ron Miller

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message
Have there *ever* been photos shown to the public (in color) that

have -not-
been manipulated?

Yes, and they can be found with only a little difficulty (some more so than
others). One of the problems often is that the original photos look crappy
until they've been processed.

I've heard people say mars isn't as red as we've been lead to believe. I

would
much rather see the real colors than manipulated ones, but I can

understand
why they do it for the sake of getting more detail. I think they should
display both photos side-by-side, rather than just releasing a blood red
planet when there have been reports of blue and green on the real deal!!

I agree with you. Fortunately, most of the MGS color images available from
Malin Space Science Systems (http://www.msss.com/) seem to be very close to
what you would see with the naked eye.

RM

Old September 7th 03, 10:44 PM
Etok

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message ...
pinkling wrote in article
et...
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:11:19 -0000 in
, "Flying _Naked_People"
http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm graced the world with this
thought:

And that's a damn shame, cause gremlins DON'T EXIST.

can you supply us some proof of that?

I'm not talking to you anymore.

PROMISE?

How about me? Can you show ME what proof you have that gremlins don't
exist?
Please be specific.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 7th 03, 10:45 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Ron Miller wrote in article

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message ...

I'm not looking for a conspiracy. I just need to know that Venus is being
portrayed as it really is. Why distort reality - What's wrong with the

truth?

Nothing. And Venus really is being portrayed correctly, I assure you. I've
had to do a lot of research in creating the books I do (one of which was
devoted solely to Venus), and there's never been anything to suggest that
Venus is not as advertised (and too, bad, too---it sure would be a lot
easier to explore!).

You wrote a book about Venus?? What's the name of it?

RM

Old September 7th 03, 10:46 PM
Etok

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in
message ...
Bill Duncan wrote in article
. ..

Why doesn't everyone either just ignore or killfile her?If no one
responds to her ranting maybe she will just go away.Bill.

By all means - put me in your kill file. You assholes don't even realize
you're filtering YOURSELVES from the genuine, kind-hearted people who

don't
mind helping me and maybe a few silent others get to the bottom of things.

As a matter of fact, I recommend that all jack-asses put me in their
killfiles. There is NO need for your information!

Happily, happily. Bye!

Have a wonderful weekend.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 7th 03, 10:52 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Etok wrote in article
As a matter of fact, I recommend that all jack-asses put me in their
killfiles. There is NO need for your information!

Happily, happily. Bye!

Lol.

Buh-Bye Jack Ass

Old September 8th 03, 06:18 AM