Timothy Golden Listens to an S D Rodrian Sonata.

Old September 5th 07, 06:33 PM posted to sci.misc,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.edu,sci.math,alt.math.recreational
[email protected]

Default Timothy Golden Listens to an S D Rodrian Sonata.

On Sep 3, 4:42 pm, "Timothy Golden
BandTechnology.com" wrote:

Well, as I listen to Mr.Rodrian's piano sonata

http://www.archive.org/details/COMPL..._PIANO_SONATAS

Ha! Those are by Mozart. Last time "I" wrote a piano
sonata it caused such hysterics (of laughter) that I
was briefly held on a charge of attempted homicide
(of my listeners).

I wish we could discuss the relation of
thermodynamics and gravity.

http://physics.sdrodrian.com

It's all there. But don't expect the world to come to
believe any of it... for at least 100 to 200 years ...
The world was more than happy to believe for
thousands of years that the ENTIRE universe circled
the -flat!- earth ... that the Sun was a ball of fire
slightly above the clouds (or read the legend of
Icarus)... which had to be carried across the sky by
Apollo (or, how else would it move? --an ancient
reflection of how they came up with the notion of dark
energy/matter of late)... and that God spend the
better portion of just one day creating the UNIVERSE
and then had to spend the rest of the week creating
this one silly planet). Sir: We are monkeys. Our hands
still curl in their most natural state in expectation
that at any moment we shall be grabbing hold of the
next tree branch.

Instead this thread is loaded with the dark side of
humanity.

If you wish to plunge into the lighter side of
humanity visit: http://poems.sdrodrian.com/470.htm
(which I wrote after the sad realization that I had
already written all the poems I had ever wanted to
write for the rest of my life ... while still a rather
young man).

At some level religion is merely a symptom.

There are no atheists in the human species. Anyone
sez he's an atheist who then prays/prays and prays
that he gets the job is a mere hypocrite (at best).

Perhaps the ultimate remedy is a gene splice.

Well, let's just hope Doctor Frankenstein isn't the
splicer--Miss America with bolts on her neck and a
horrific scar down her forehead would be a downer!

The Abrahamic religions are false belief systems.

Do these religious principles really require that they
be correct? I mean, after all: Didn't the Maya keep
the world from coming to an end for a thousand years
by ripping the still beating hearts out of the breasts
of their countless sacrificial victims? These things
work.

What is exposed when we treat religion as a symptom?

The number of religious people that can be turned out
to protest psychiatrists?

The same can be said of nationalism.
Identity at a national level is an exclusive form
of identity.
When humans identify with the human race then
we see that the
religious and nationalistic identities are
diminished.

Hello! The only reason to join a part of humanity is
AGAINST the other parts of it: Are you a member of
your family? If the answer is YES, then you are
probably going to join many other clubs/organizations,
and: Good luck getting in! Otherwise you're destined
to join the clubs/organizations set up against them.
The United Nations WORKS until Russia and China joined.
Russia joins NATO tomorrow and that's the end of NATO.
If the only club were The Human Race, you couldn't get
a single human being to admit he was a member!

Perhaps the situation for the individual is of
multiple identities.

Don't woik: Multiple identifies = multiple taxation.

The US federal government does not see things
this way. Instead it
feels comfortable twisting arms
and paying off and arming and training
anyone who might serve its interests
in the short term.

The brain evolved to predict matters in the short
term: There are millions of species with brains and
only one with a brain capable (even if unwilling) of
predicting matters over long and longer terms.

Chavez's
declaration of the US as a "jungle" with Bush
portrayed as a devil, etc.

.... is a repetition of the ole/ancient Latin American
resentments of N. America's success and wealth:
An American can't give a Latin American a million
dollars without the Latin American feeling he should
have given him ten/twenty. It's the nature of the
relationship. Most Latin Americans cannot grasp
why/how North Americans made their money without
suspecting they did it by cheating/robbing them.
(And a lot of N. American hippies who never bothered
to study economics also think that way too.)

So I cannot rule out the media completely.

Yeah! Nasty *******s all, who are always bending
backwards to try to be unbiased and report only the
facts when they should properly be the instruments of
OUR propaganda/the voices of our biases/the petards
of our prejudices! But, nooooooo!

I don't agree that the US is paper, but I would
accept that it is a
vicious and sick animal.

Were you at Woodstock? Hey, dude, that was some blast,
eh! They had some good **** there, no?

The papers that define the government are
about the only good thing we seem to have and
they aren't holding up so well.

That's not rue, the preservers are working day and
night to make sure nothing gets moldy. They just
sealed the constitution into a new enclosure that'll
hold for at least a thousand years (that's about 80 to
90 years in human terms).

The US is ready
to tear itself apart within the powerful cage that
it has built.

The world's wish (since at least 1776). I think we're
got a few more decades...

A financial crisis looms and dithering from external
forces along with
another terrorist attack are a plausible end. It's
not going to be
pretty, but it is perhaps the right thing in terms
of global justice.

Yes. Well, it's a good thing Russia, China and Iran
are there to pick up the slack if the United States
falters in this world, no? Ho! Ho! Ho!

Of course, the US could stand down, join the ICC,
stop twisting the
rest of humanity around its interests...

And implode into the most monumental economic crash
ever seen on this earth since The Flood (which I'm
sure won't even blow away a single leaf in the rest of
the planet)... Ha! Ha! Ha!

but that is like asking
people to give up their exclusive religions.

Well, have you asked? Maybe nobody's asked them. I'm
going to Saudi Arabia tomorrow to ask those people if
they could please give up Islam. I'll report back what
they say ... soon as I can.

Morality has been a puzzle for philosophers yet it
is clear to me that
symmetry plays a fundamental role in the supply
of moral values.

The more criminals that arise/the more cops we gotta
hi Yes, I'm beginning to see the symmetry of human
behavior.

The human is an instinctive animal and I am ashamed
that this is what I am.

Not me: I am proud of my ancestor The Mighty Monkey!
And I am overjoyed to be a monkey myself: I just can't
imagine being descended from cockroaches, or even
cods ... I just can't imagine that people would enjoy
sex in public places as much if we weren't monkeys--

Too bad my country has gone so wrong.

Don't worry, messier. I believe France has finally
seen the light and is finally falling back in with us.

There is a vacuum that humans have operated in
with regard to an
understanding of ourselves.

Yes. It's inside the brains of the kids being sent to
higher education. And which they try to fill up with
beer & **** (while in college). You can catch some of
them blowing it out their noses over at YouTube--

Is ego awareness a part of the
curriculum of education anywhere in this world?

Hello! Yes, here. Along with juggling and fuzzy worm
decorating.

We must exist in a
culture of false assumptions

Who did you say made this unchallengeable judgment?

For them man
is made in God's image rather than a dog's image.

Don't be too su Half of them acknowledge that God
is an idiot. And the other half worship dogs as gods!

I have been told that in
Europe religion is already more greatly diminished.

No doubt until the next religious revival. Then watch
the bloodshed! Then our blood shall rise! And we'll be
able to squirt it out our ears...

Maybe the whole human race is screwed up,

And those parts that are not are always on the
look-out for getting screwed, certainly.

but some parts of it may be more screwed up than
others. -Tim

Yes. And I know which parts too, but, because by
almost universal agreement, we term those parts
"dirty," as a gentleman of the old school (in fact, I
believe it's been torn down & carted away): I refuse
to mention such terms.

S D Rodrian
http://poems.sdrodrian.com
http://physics.sdrodrian.com