Voyager mission in deep space

Old July 3rd 12, 02:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else[_2_]

Default Voyager mission in deep space

On 3/07/2012 11:40 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Sylvia Else wrote:

On 3/07/2012 10:25 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, Alan Erskine wrote:
On 3/07/2012 9:10 AM, Brian Thorn wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:32:53 -0400, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:

That's not entirely true.

For example,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_Messagewas quite
high-powered. Now, it won't reach anything significant, but anything within
38 light years along that line could probably detect it.

We also havehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Message_From_Earth.

Those are just the intentional ones.

And you must include radar events like observations of Mercury, Venus,
and asteroids by Arecibo. The radar signal was huge, the distance
great, and the target small. The signal would have continued out into
deep space in whatever direction it was pointing, save for the small
fraction of it that hit the target and bounced back. Our transmissions
to the Voyagers and Pioneers by the DSN have also been extremely
powerful. They would have been detectable, at least as a unnatural
source.

To make such an assumption, one must first also determine the size of
the receiving antenna/antennae.

i have read about having small multipl antennas / receivers a distance
apart, which effectively make them very large. their signals are
somehow combined together electronically..

VLBI isn't magic.

so a ET light years away may be able to detect us........

VLBI won't help with that.

doesnt a nuke explosion put off a EMP pulse?

Only under specific conditions.

that might be like a strobe light for other civilations.
hey check out this area???

so then multiple smaller antennas could get pointed our way......

Or perhaps they'll read our existence in their stool patterns in the
morning? It's as likely as the things you think "might" be....

Do you have a particular reason for being obnoxious?

Gee, I'm so sorry that you find the facts to be so 'obnoxious'. I
guess it's like that when you don't want to believe in them....

Nup. I made it very clear that I considered that it was you who was
being obnoxious, not the facts.

Sylvia.

Old July 4th 12, 03:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

And which part of "go do something anatomically creative with
yourself" is it that has left you confused, again?

It doesn't confuse me at all, but the fact that you said it it merely
served to show, again, how you're inclined to be obnoxious. I still
don't see why you feel the need. Are your debating skills so limited
that you have to resort to such techniques?

Sylvia.
Old July 4th 12, 09:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Apparently it does.

... but the fact that you said it it merely
served to show, again, how you're inclined to be obnoxious.

No. What it 'shows' is that, despite your desire to be a bitch and
try to constantly pick an argument, I'm simply not interested in
playing.

Thanks all the same.

I still don't see why you feel the need.

Which part of "go do something anatomically creative with yourself" is
it that has left you confused, again?

Are your debating skills so limited
that you have to resort to such techniques?

No, but my interest in playing "flaming PMS bitch" is sufficiently
limited that I have no interest in 'debating' you.

That's a remarkably long response from someone who claims not to have
sufficient interest.

Sylvia.

Old July 4th 12, 10:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else[_2_]

On 4/07/2012 6:51 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote:

You really are thick as a plank, aren't you?

How thick is a plank?

Sylvia.

Old July 4th 12, 06:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

well certinally ETs couldnt have better receiving equiptement than
earthlings, that would be impossible
Old July 5th 12, 08:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Jul 5, 10:34*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article c737c881-becc-45c5-9e8b-e8b79df07e34
@l32g2000yqb.googlegroups.com, says...

well certinally ETs couldnt have better receiving equiptement than
earthlings, that would be impossible

Complete nonsense noted.

Jeff

my comment was sarchasim...... however that is spelled
Old July 6th 12, 01:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"bob haller" wrote in message

On Jul 5, 10:34 am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article c737c881-becc-45c5-9e8b-e8b79df07e34
@l32g2000yqb.googlegroups.com, says...

well certinally ETs couldnt have better receiving equiptement than
earthlings, that would be impossible

Complete nonsense noted.

Jeff

my comment was sarchasim...... however that is spelled

For the love of all that is holy Bob, get a fracken' spell-checker.

Hell, almost any program these days has them built-in.

Seriously. It would very quickly make you look like less of an uneducated
idjit.

(and note the two misspelled words in my post are intentional, unlike your
lack of trying; ever.)

Old July 6th 12, 11:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

--
Greg D. Moore * * * * * * * * *http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/
CEO QuiCR: Quick, Crowdsourced Responses.http://www.quicr.net

i believe most people get what i mean, even when its spelled
wrong......

frankly i dont care, its like grammar, i dont care.......

the one thats bothered is you, and frankly i dont care...
Old July 7th 12, 02:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"bob haller" wrote in message

i believe most people get what i mean, even when its spelled
wrong......

frankly i dont care, its like grammar, i dont care.......

the one thats bothered is you, and frankly i dont care...

Yes, what people "get" Bob is that you don't want to take the time to
proofread, that you don't take the time to care about what you have to say.
It's all about perceptions. It is a large part why people here call you and
treat you like a buffoon. And then when you go ahead and confirm you don't
care, well that's just icing on the cake.

But hey, if you really want people to think you're an idiot, that's your
kink, not mine.