Space disease

Old July 22nd 05, 02:56 PM
Nog

Default Space disease

Astronauts have lost as much as 60% of muscle and bone mass by extended
stays in space even with exercise. So what would happen if you just let the
body totally adjust to space for several years? No doubt that you could
never return to gravity, but so what. Living in spaced for life is not so
bad. I just wonder what one would finally look like if allowed to totally
adapt naturally to space. There must be some point at which one would
stableize to another form. Perhaps like an octopus with no bones at all, it
would allow for brain growth again.

Old July 24th 05, 12:32 PM
R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh

In message , "Nog"
wrote:

Astronauts have lost as much as 60% of muscle and bone mass by extended
stays in space even with exercise. So what would happen if you just let the
body totally adjust to space for several years?

Extensive loss of muscle and bone mass, with expanded braincase... add
enlarged eyes (adaptation to starlight as principle light-source) and
it sounds like the "greys" to me.

--
R.G. "Stumpy" Marsh.
Timaru, New Zealand.

Old July 25th 05, 03:27 PM
Nog

"R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh" wrote in message
hug.co.nz...
In message , "Nog"
wrote:

Astronauts have lost as much as 60% of muscle and bone mass by extended
stays in space even with exercise. So what would happen if you just let
the
body totally adjust to space for several years?

Extensive loss of muscle and bone mass, with expanded braincase... add
enlarged eyes (adaptation to starlight as principle light-source) and
it sounds like the "greys" to me.

--
R.G. "Stumpy" Marsh.
Timaru, New Zealand.

So the greys could be us. A past technological society long gone where they
developed space travel. It could be us returning home only home has long
passed into what it is now. I just don't believe in ufo's and
extraterrestrial visiting life other than microbial from comets.

Old July 27th 05, 06:59 PM
Camaronat Camaronat is offline
Junior Member

Location: Madison, Al

I think that we will probably never get to that point, cuz you would die from radiation exposure. By the time we get the radiation problem fixed, we'll have artificial gravity, so everyone will continue to look the same.