Sunrise

Old January 30th 12, 05:37 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Sunrise

On Jan 30, 4:20*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/30/12 10:11 AM, Sam Wormley wrote:

On 1/30/12 3:08 AM, oriel36 wrote:
The analemma is a distraction as it tries to impose an alternative
structure through timekeeping averages...

Gerald obviously does not understand the analemma!

Since the Earth's *mean solar day* is almost exactly 24 hours, an
analemma can be traced by plotting the position of the Sun as viewed
from a fixed position on Earth at the same clock time every day for an
entire year.

There are 1461 natural noon cycles coincident with 4 orbital period of
the Earth to the nearest rotation.As daily and orbital motions are
separate,the correspondence between the natural AM/PM cycle and the
24 hour AM/PM cycle is naturally formatted by the Equation of Time as
365 such daily events from Mar1st 2010 to Feb 28th 2011 and 366 times
from Mar 1st 2011 until Feb 29th 2012.

A clever person would then perceive that the segregation of the annual
cycles into a non leap year of 365 rotations and a leap year annual
cycle of 366 rotations means that the Equation of Time is a
discontinuous system which cannot express the daily and orbital
dynamics within a pure annual cycle that is calculated by means of a
reduction of the parent observation of 1461 rotations to 4 orbital
circuits down to 365 1/4 rotations to 1 orbital circuit.

The interlocking systems of daily and orbital motions are as
complicated as the workings of the human body notwithstanding the
added complications of human timekeeping overlaid on these dynamics.If
you cannot keep up then just say so.

The resulting curve resembles a lemniscate of Bernoulli.
This curve is commonly printed on globes, usually in the eastern Pacific
Ocean, the only large tropical region with very little land. It is
possible, though challenging, to photograph the analemma, by leaving the
camera in a fixed position for an entire year and snapping images on
24-hour intervals (or some multiple thereof).

What part of 'wandering analemma Sun' hoax do you not understand ?.For
all the billions of euro/dollars sucked up by researchers on climate,I
am here explaining the seasons with all the available graphics and
imaging on the internet along with the central theme of the thread
which is why observations of natural noon show a variation from cycle
to cycle.Instead of 'tilt' to the Sun,the polar coordinates act like a
beacon for the orbital behavior of the Earth which is cross referenced
with Uranus and its East to West orbital component as the polar
coordinates turn through the circle of illumination from the years
2001 to 2007 -

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

I passed by a high school today and smiled knowing that one day people
would come to their senses and teach students the new way to approach
the seasons by using a tool that was always lacking,the ability using
contemporary magnification power to compare planetary features and
draw common principles which ease explanations such as why natural
noon is never equal and what causes the seasons and the Sun to scribe
greater and smaller arcs at different orbital points.The people
following the analemma hoax don't stand a chance and that means you
and by association, your students.

Old January 30th 12, 05:44 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jan 30, 4:11*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/30/12 3:08 AM, oriel36 wrote:

The analemma is a distraction as it tries to impose an alternative
structure through timekeeping averages...

* *Gerald obviously does not understand the analemma!

Interpret the graphic where the polar coordinates turn in a circle to
the central Sun as a signature of the orbital motion of the Earth and
you will have done a day's work as an astronomer and the same goes for
anyone who would dare speak of daily and annual temperature
fluctuations -

http://www.simpletoremember.com/imag...ds/erthaxs.jpg

Adjust the inclination of Uranus to that of the Earth and the common
principles emerge for although the daily rotation of Uranus runs South
to North and parallel with the equatorial rings,the planet also turns
East to West to the central Sun as a signature of its orbital motion -

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

Something else which I forgot - it is actually satisfying and fun
assembling the motions to create the effects of the seasons and
variations in the natural noon cycle.

Old January 30th 12, 05:55 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 1/30/12 11:37 AM, oriel36 wrote:
I passed by a high school today and smiled knowing that one day people
would come to their senses...

If you mean someday people will embrace your way of thinking, Gerald,
it will never happen. Your rubbish will die with you.

Old January 30th 12, 06:28 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jan 30, 5:55*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/30/12 11:37 AM, oriel36 wrote:

I passed by a high school today and smiled knowing that one day people
would come to their senses...

* *If you mean someday people will embrace your way of thinking, Gerald,
* *it will never happen. Your rubbish will die with you.

Trust a commonplace mind to miss the point and forget everything else
I wrote.You cannot innovate if the end result is grandstanding or to
be the first to announce a result or conclusion,for me astronomy is
not just a blend of talent and effort,it knows how to use contemporary
tools and that is why I smiled as I passed the school,all the old
falsehoods are obliterated with imaging and graphics and many of the
older conceptions such as the seasons and the variations in the
natural noon cycle are modified using cross referencing planetary
details.

When nobody was talking about rotation and plate tectonics,I was
working with the 26 mile spherical deviation of the planet and plate
tectonics and it is because the uneven rotational gradient between
equatorial and polar latitudes is being held up by the wander analemma
crowd who insist on 1465 rotations in 4 orbital circuits that the
issue can't get off the ground over the simple fact that the
equatorial Earth turns at a rate of 15 degrees and 1037.5 miles an
hour and a full 24901 mile equatorial circumference in 24 hours so you
dummies can have your wandering analemma Sun and the right ascension
reasoning that generates it.You see,it is not a disproof of the
analemma hoax,but what the hoax is disrupting and it is considerable
given the links between daily and planetary dynamics and their
terrestrial effects.

I will make it up to those people I love close by to me who have made
sacrifices even while you run around teaching junk to students that
bear no relation to what actually goes on yet contemporary imaging is
so amazingly productive that the necessary modifications will be made
in due course just as they are slowly adapting rotation for plate
tectonics but will soon discover they will run into the spherical
deviation of the Earth which fits neatly with differential rotation.I
get to see things modified even as I live and so what if attribution
is poor,those students will eventually get to enjoy astronomy as they
should.

Commentators are ten a penny,they usually have doctorates,but real
astronomical innovators will seize what they can and turn it into
something new and vibrant,that is how I did it and expect others to do
and this is what makes astronomy a chain of achievements even if
humanity took a 350 year vacation from it.

Old January 30th 12, 08:27 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

On Jan 25, 4:14*am, Science Fan wrote:
What's the name of the phenomenon that causes the sun to continue to
rise later, even though the winter solstice has passed? *TIA.

You could call it the "Sole ostinato" ( stubborn Sun) and attribute
the term to Piazzi or someone. I'm confident Piazzi never used the
term - but he should have.

Ben
Old January 30th 12, 09:32 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Jan 30, 9:55*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/30/12 11:37 AM, oriel36 wrote:

I passed by a high school today and smiled knowing that one day people
would come to their senses...

* *If you mean someday people will embrace your way of thinking, Gerald,
* *it will never happen. Your rubbish will die with you.

Well, you know, 'passing by a high school' and 'passing high school'
are two completely different things.

Today I passed by a high school and frowned because I knew that Gerald
could never actually pass high school science, as taught there...
which is a shame, because...

http://tinyurl.com/7jtw768
Old January 30th 12, 09:51 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

I see these chimpanzees jump up and down once I write and it is all
very well and good however it doesn't detract from the realization
that the explanation for the seasons is tied to the explanation for
variations in the natural noon cycles.

Students can grasp that the Earth's polar coordinates act like a
beacon for the orbital behavior of the Earth as it swings around in a
circle/cycle to the central Sun hence the polar day/night cycle as
those coordinates turn through the circle of illumination at the
equinoxes at it takes only an imitation analogy using a broom to work
through the details found in the following graphic -

http://www.simpletoremember.com/imag...ds/erthaxs.jpg

With an expenditure of many billions each year and something as
immediate as the annual temperature fluctuations are not accounted for
dynamically even as they are now in this thread.

I am not exactly sure what it is that people want,do they wish to rely
on the old 'tilt to the orbital plane/Sun' ideology when contemporary
imaging demonstrates two separate rotations to the central Sun and
these motions combine to generate not only the variations in the
natural noon cycle but more importantly how daily and orbital motions
combine to create the seasons as the polar coordinates turn in a
circle to positions that are acute and obtuse to the line drawn from
the tropic of Capricorn to the tropic of Cancer as seen in the graphic
above.

The analemma is a bad hoax but what is worse is the inability to put
contemporary imaging power to good use.I don't think the ability to
ignore either the hoax or the productive side of things is
impressive,it just signals an irrelevance and one I wouldn't wish on
anyone.So be it.

Old January 30th 12, 10:29 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Jan 30, 1:51*pm, oriel36 wrote:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/imag...ds/erthaxs.jpg

I am not exactly sure what it is that people want,do they wish to rely
on the old *'tilt to the orbital plane/Sun' ideology...

I don't think that you realize that in the graphic you supplied, the
horizontal black line and the associated light-green circle represent
the plane of the Earth's orbit around the sun, and the dark-green line
represents the plane of the earth's equator... and that the 2 planes
are tilted 23.5 degrees with respect to each other... do you?

The graphic is perfect, but you somehow think it represents something
else, right?

\Paul A
Old January 30th 12, 10:43 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_68_]

"palsing" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 9:55 am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/30/12 11:37 AM, oriel36 wrote:

I passed by a high school today and smiled knowing that one day people
would come to their senses...

If you mean someday people will embrace your way of thinking, Gerald,
it will never happen. Your rubbish will die with you.

Well, you know, 'passing by a high school' and 'passing high school'
are two completely different things.

Today I passed by a high school and frowned because I knew that Gerald
could never actually pass high school science, as taught there...
which is a shame, because...

http://tinyurl.com/7jtw768

Like this one?
http://tinyurl.com/palsing

Old January 30th 12, 10:44 PM posted to sci.geo.meteorology,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_68_]

"palsing" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 1:51 pm, oriel36 wrote:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/imag...ds/erthaxs.jpg

I am not exactly sure what it is that people want,do they wish to rely
on the old 'tilt to the orbital plane/Sun' ideology...

I don't think

You seem determined to advertise that fact with pride... strange.

Three planets just before sunrise Joe S.[_5_] Amateur Astronomy 4 September 21st 07 01:52 AM
sunrise sunset mewthree Misc 4 March 16th 07 05:13 PM
Sunrise on Clavius William C. Keel Amateur Astronomy 2 February 26th 07 04:21 PM
sunrise angle [email protected] UK Astronomy 7 January 20th 07 11:35 AM