My own Holmes picture...

Old October 29th 07, 12:43 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
JamesB

Default My own Holmes picture...

Clouds were still very present so I didn't drag out the 'scope (haven't used
it yet since moving house so it's probably mucky and in need of alignment
anyway!)

Instead I just got out my camera with the 70-300 zoom on and snapped a few
shots at ISO1600 to keep the times short.
The one on the web page is the best of the bunch, and the only processing
was to remove noise using "Noiseware" software.
The comet picture is at the bottom of the page

http://www.puffle.co.uk/pics.php

Old October 31st 07, 06:53 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Herbert

"JamesB" wrote in message
Clouds were still very present so I didn't drag out the 'scope (haven't
used it yet since moving house so it's probably mucky and in need of
alignment anyway!)

Instead I just got out my camera with the 70-300 zoom on and snapped a few
shots at ISO1600 to keep the times short.
The one on the web page is the best of the bunch, and the only processing
was to remove noise using "Noiseware" software.
The comet picture is at the bottom of the page

http://www.puffle.co.uk/pics.php

The travelling menu on your site gets in the way and is incredibly annoying
:-{

Old November 1st 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
JamesB

"Herbert" wrote in message

"JamesB" wrote in message
Clouds were still very present so I didn't drag out the 'scope (haven't
used it yet since moving house so it's probably mucky and in need of
alignment anyway!)

Instead I just got out my camera with the 70-300 zoom on and snapped a
few shots at ISO1600 to keep the times short.
The one on the web page is the best of the bunch, and the only processing
was to remove noise using "Noiseware" software.
The comet picture is at the bottom of the page

http://www.puffle.co.uk/pics.php

The travelling menu on your site gets in the way and is incredibly
annoying :-{

A couple of people mentioned that - it was meant to just sit at the bottom
of the screen and always worked ok for me in Firefox; think it was perhaps
an IE6 thing. Anyway, I've hopefully made it "normal" now...
Thanks for the comment!