17P/Holmes inner coma detail

Old October 29th 07, 12:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence

Default 17P/Holmes inner coma detail

Hi all,

Here's my first Registax'd result from last nights session - the first
where there were no damned clouds in the way!

The 'pretty' images will follow later...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...olmes_800n.jpg

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old October 29th 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
JamesB

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi all,

Here's my first Registax'd result from last nights session - the first
where there were no damned clouds in the way!

The 'pretty' images will follow later...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...olmes_800n.jpg

Some good detail you've brought out there, very nice!

Old October 29th 07, 01:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:36:09 +0000, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

Hi all,

Here's my first Registax'd result from last nights session - the first
where there were no damned clouds in the way!

The 'pretty' images will follow later...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...olmes_800n.jpg

Here's my first processed DSLR shot from the night...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...2+core_800.jpg
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old October 29th 07, 05:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Paul L Money

In article , Pete Lawrence
writes
wrote:

Hi all,

Here's my first Registax'd result from last nights session - the first
where there were no damned clouds in the way!

The 'pretty' images will follow later...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...olmes_800n.jpg

Here's my first processed DSLR shot from the night...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...2+core_800.jpg

Glad to see you've got the 'green' outer halo as well Pete - I thought I
might be over processing mine when it emerged from the processing!

Great images

best wishes

Paul
--
For my web site - Astrospace go to http://www.astrospace.co.uk
For Astro holidays that are outathis world go visit the following:
Old October 29th 07, 10:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:34:36 +0000, Paul L Money
wrote:

In article , Pete Lawrence
writes
wrote:

Hi all,

Here's my first Registax'd result from last nights session - the first
where there were no damned clouds in the way!

The 'pretty' images will follow later...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...olmes_800n.jpg

Here's my first processed DSLR shot from the night...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...2+core_800.jpg

Glad to see you've got the 'green' outer halo as well Pete - I thought I
might be over processing mine when it emerged from the processing!

Hi Paul,

It's definitely real. I picked it up on the 26th with my first and
only shot of the comet that night, through cloud.
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old October 30th 07, 01:18 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
George Normandin[_1_]

"Pete Lawrence" wrote

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:36:09 +0000, Pete Lawrence

Here's my first processed DSLR shot from the night...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...2+core_800.jpg

Pete,

That's one of the first images I've seen that shows the dim outer
envelope well. It was obvious last night in my 20x80 binocs before moonrise.

George Normandin

Old October 30th 07, 06:53 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_1_]

On Oct 29, 6:36 am, Pete Lawrence wrote:
Hi all,

Here's my first Registax'd result from last nights session - the first
where there were no damned clouds in the way!

The 'pretty' images will follow later...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/...olmes_800n.jpg

--
Pete Lawrencehttp://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Pete, can you tell us about the "home grown rotation" technique that
you used to bring out the detail?. - Canopus56