SpaceX Falcon Heavy Flight Animation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 28th 15, 11:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX Falcon Heavy Flight Animation

SpaceX - Falcon Heavy - Flight Animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ca6x4QbpoM

From the video description:
Published on Jan 27, 2015
When Falcon Heavy lifts off later this year, it will be the
most powerful operational rocket in the world by a factor
of two. Thrust at liftoff is equal to approximately eighteen
747 aircraft operating simultaneously.

The one thing I doubt we'll see in the test launch is all three of the
first stage cores landing at the launch site. As far as I know, SpaceX
does not yet have permission to land a core at The Cape. I'd imagine
permission to land three (two almost simultaneously) in relatively close
proximity will take an additional level of permission beyond that.

This video is surely to show the future direction. In other words,
before ULA officially announces details of their "next generation"
launch vehicle, SpaceX is repeating what they plan to do with Falcon
Heavy. If Falcon Heavy can demonstrate fly-back and landing of three of
four Falcon Heavy first stages before ULA starts flying their "next
generation" system, the learner will truly be the new master.

Jeff