Twisted Space

Old November 22nd 06, 05:38 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Twisted Space

More tales of whipping, whizzing, twisted, swirling, spinning space
being taken along for the ride!

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/...blackhole.html

"Scientists have clocked a black hole whipping space itself around and
around at nearly the speed of light.

Envision a merry-go-round, or a moving walkway. It is the fabric of
space itself that is whizzing along. Step on this merry-go-round, and
you too would be transported at near light speed.

A black hole's gravity is so strong that, as the black hole spins, it
can pull space along for the ride. Yet measuring a black hole's spin
rate has long eluded scientists. Twisted space is difficult to detect
and perhaps even harder to fathom, like a modern art painting of black
swirls on a black canvas.

"The black hole spin frequency we measured is the rate at which
spacetime is spinning, or is being dragged, right at the black hole
event horizon," said Narayan.

This black hole is about 14 solar masses. This would imply, based on
Einstein's math, that the event horizon is at a radius of 42 kilometers
assuming no spin or at 21 kilometers assuming maximum spin. In reality,
it is in between, at 25 kilometers from the black hole center."

Double-A

Old November 23rd 06, 02:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A Unlike dark matter black holes give there hidding place away.
They show themselves by residing at the hearts of active galaxies.
Easily seen in the giant elliptical galaxy M82 We have our theory
about Quasars They are small but brighter than 1,000 times the
brightness of a typical normal galaxy,and only a black hole of supermass
can be its source of power. Just opened my star scrape book to the page
showing Cygnus X-1 Its a blue giant It has a tricky feature in
that it moves so very strangely . reality is it has an invisible
companion.that has to weigh as much as 15 solar masses. Double-A no
guessing what it is,for it can only be a BH Bert