Double-A Is Back!

Old November 16th 14, 09:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

More sunshine, but the cold wind continues here in Tigard and 45F as 1:15 PM Pacific Standard Time.

How about them Oregon Beavers? They upset No. 6 ranked Arizona State 35-27 last night on a frigid field in Corvallis!

Double-A

Old November 17th 14, 05:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
"Like a poem poorly written
We are verses out of rhythm,
Couplets out of rhyme,
In syncopated time
And the dangled conversation
And the superficial sighs,
Are the borders of our lives."
- Simon & Garfunkel

Was in the hospital for a week. They pumped me full of antibiotics and cleaned me up both inside and out. Am now staying in a transitional housing room in downtown Portland courtesy of the local hospitals for benefit of the homeless. Getting free medical care at a downtown clinic. Medicare is now picking up the tabs so no more huge hospital bills to hang over my head..

Kim is still on the street, but I am buying her lunch once a week at a downtown food circus. When she gets enough for a MAX train ticket, she is very mobile.

First time I've been to the library for many months. Computers mostly available. The store nearby were I used to buy snacks has closed. Guess the rumors that it was moving were true after all.

I see some of you regulars are still posting here. Hi Bert!

Software has changed. Library may be limiting me to an hour now. Can't use Portland library because I have the wrong county library card so am at Cedar Mills.

Double-A

AA I'm 86 soon to be 87 soon to sail in my barrel boat to Hawaii. Tell me all you can about Kim(email) She can have my van once I'm on my way. I would pay for her trip here. She has to help me with M&M. Nice features here is Weather,Beaches,People and Hollywood. Can Kim work a computer? You both should look into California ? TreBert
Old November 17th 14, 11:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, November 17, 2014 9:27:11 AM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA I'm 86 soon to be 87 soon to sail in my barrel boat to Hawaii. Tell me all you can about Kim(email) She can have my van once I'm on my way. I would pay for her trip here. She has to help me with M&M. Nice features here is Weather,Beaches,People and Hollywood. Can Kim work a computer? You both should look into California ? TreBert

Sunny again and still windy and 45F here in Tigard at 3:30 PM PST. Later it will be 29F. Still not all the ice has melted around my motel.

So who do you think you are, Thor Heyerdahl? Hint: Get your bearings from the direction the waves are moving, and the direction taken my migrating birds and whales.

Kim was once a restaurateur. She could manage a business, but I don't think she is computer literate. Also she is very nice, but a bit headstrong. Can speak Korean, Japanese, and English.

http://s1.evcdn.com/images/edpborder...ibrary-04.jpeg

See that big tree on the right side of the main entrance to this Tigard Library? That is the one that blew down in this wind last week! It was 4 feet through at the base!

Double-A

Old November 18th 14, 05:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Getting colder at night. 55F Kim I think is best to stay put.I'm now set up with ebay,but not advertising yet. Now that you have a roof you are doing good. i'm OK but getting older,ugly and deafer Go figure TreBert
Old November 20th 14, 12:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Here in Tigard it's light clouds and 45F as of 4:30 PM PST. Wind won't give up. Rain on it's way.

Lunch with Kim. Someone told her she was the last child of Jesus. "So then why am I treated the way I am?", she wondered.

I am concerned about Twittering sleeping outside in 4 feet of snow. That's how much has been dumped on NYC!

I heard that studies show that the Earth can revert to an ice age in only 20 years!

Double-A

Old November 21st 14, 10:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A relatively balmy 50F here in Tigard today and steady rain. When I paid my motel bill on Wednesday, the Indian owner noted that it was raining again, and that was just fine with him, after the last week of wind and ice! I replied, "Yeah, the good old Oregon rain!"

Seven feet of snow in Buffalo NY! They can't even play football there! I worry about Twitty in NYC's 5 feet of snow. I heard that a couple of homeless people have already died there of exposure, but they didn't give their names.

When snow gets so deep that the following summer cannot melt it all, and then the next winter adds more, that is the way ice age glaciers form!

Double-A

Old November 22nd 14, 08:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Mostly cloudy with scattered showers today and 51F as of 12:30 PM PST here in Tigard. That is about as high as it is expected to get today.

There are some trees with red berries on them in a vacant lot across from my motel near where I wait for the bus to Tigard. Look like pin cherries. I expected them to be sour, but when I tasted one, it was bland and tasteless. So I spit it out!

Double-A

Old November 23rd 14, 06:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA your high is LA low.Be careful eating unknown stuff. Doing a lot of What Ifs for you. Its kind of fun,and keeps me thinking of the next one. TreBert PS How is Kim? Have you heard from Twitty? NYC had a lot of snow. This year could match last year for snow. Why is snow white? TreBert
Old November 23rd 14, 09:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 10:58:59 AM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA your high is LA low.Be careful eating unknown stuff.

As a survivor and woodsman, I've eaten a lot of berries others were afraid of. Sometimes it's just a matter of some people being allergic to some of them.

Doing a lot of What Ifs for you. Its kind of fun,and keeps me thinking of the next one. TreBert PS How is Kim?

Kim is surviving, but fell and bruised her face. She doesn't drink or use any drugs. I worry about her possibly fainting or having seizures and might not even be aware that it's happening. That's the way it is with some people.

Have you heard from Twitty? NYC had a lot of snow.

No word from Titty. And I worry about her in all that snow. Some homeless in NYC have already frozen to death according to the news.

This year could match last year for snow. Why is snow white? TreBert

You know, Snow White.

Gray skies and light rain here in Tigard as of 1:00 PM PST. A balmy 51F.

Double-A

Old November 24th 14, 10:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy, calm, and 52F here in Tigard. Not raining now, but showers are in the area.

Double-A