ASTRO: NGC 6914

Old December 11th 10, 07:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 6914

This is not a supernova remnant, but a remnant from summer.
Weather has not provided clear skies for almost two months now, so I should
find time to process old stuff, but if there are no clear nights I don't
even get in the mood for image processing.
I booked astro holidays in the Kalahari desert in Namibia today, so you can
expect some new picture from me in June 2011 ;-)

Anyway, here is the result of two short summer nights in June 2010. As the
field contains a mixture of emission and reflection nebulae I could not go
for narrow band. I mixed some Halpha frames into the red frame, otherwise
this is a pure RGB (no L channel).

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a GSO 6" RC at 880mm focal length (AP
CCDT67 reducer) on a H-EQ5 Synscan mount, Atik 383 camera, 8x10m R, 7x10m G,
6x10m B, 11x10m Halpha.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/6914coloursmallgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6914coloursmallgut.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	613.2 KB
ID:	3253
Old December 11th 10, 10:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 12/11/2010 1:57 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
[...]

Was this taken from your in town site? If so you pulled out a lot more
than I'd expect. RGB does give nice colors. I'd need about 2 hours per
filter to go that route and get the detail I do in 2 or less using LRGB.
Do go RGB for star clusters sometimes but I've gotten to where I can
get good star color LRGB so don't do it as much as I used to.

Rick

Old December 18th 10, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick,

this is from my rooftop terrace in the central part of Berlin.
I should have taken luminance images, but I planned to do a mix of Halpha
and blue for luminance. But that luminance was much too strong for the
colour data, so I went without it.

Stefan

ter.com...