Phil Harrington on Coast to Coast Sun 07.13 10PM

Old July 14th 03, 10:15 AM
Kruger Kid

Default Phil Harrington on Coast to Coast Sun 07.13 10PM

Yes, once in awhile they do get someone who is _not _ a wacko on Coast
to Coast. He is also talking about the growing problem of light
pollution as well. A very nice program tonight.

KK

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:01:58 GMT, VicXnews wrote:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Author and amateur astronomer Phil Harrington (philharrington.net) will
discuss the future for NASA and the Space program. He believes changes in
the space fleet and the internal structure of NASA are necessary.

Old July 14th 03, 06:37 PM
Dave Mitsky

EDIT

Author and amateur astronomer Phil Harrington (philharrington.net) will
discuss the future for NASA and the Space program. He believes changes in
the space fleet and the internal structure of NASA are necessary.

As do I.

Dave Mitsky
Old July 14th 03, 09:11 PM
james

Yes it is nice that they get someone who is not some reject from a
paranoia ward or conspiracy school. Then again I do enjoy those
whackos as the program becomes a good comedy show.

james

Old July 14th 03, 11:25 PM
socalsw

Kruger Kid wrote in message . ..
Yes, once in awhile they do get someone who is _not _ a wacko on Coast
to Coast. He is also talking about the growing problem of light
pollution as well. A very nice program tonight.

KK

I heard Phil Harrington by sheer accident. I like to listen to coast
to coast for light end of the day comedy (especially when Hoagland is
on). He was great on the "face" on Mars (I actually had not heard
that the image was taken when the sun was low on the Martian horizon).
I had to chuckle when the hostess (I forget her name) said something
to the effect of "really, you don't think its anything (yes, way to go
wonderlick).

On the topic of Coast to Coast, I know to expect VERY VERY VERY bad
astronomy (maybe a sequel to Plait's book?), but had to groan when
some kook of the week stated (defending Velikovsky -- of course) "the
earth's tectonic plates rise three feet during a full moon." [cut to
ABBA drop and commercial]. There it was. In such a concise statment
(ARE YOU LISTENING MIN(imum intelligence)?) this man managed to get so
much wrong. Our favorite fake-PhD takes at least three screen-fulls
of garbage (well, at least that is where I stop reading) to create
such a volume of nonsense. So there it is -- the gold standard of
nonsense in eleven little words. I chuckled myself to sleep...

socalsw

Old July 15th 03, 03:26 PM
Kruger Kid

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:11:29 -0400, james wrote:

Yes it is nice that they get someone who is not some reject from a
paranoia ward or conspiracy school. Then again I do enjoy those
whackos as the program becomes a good comedy show.

james

Agreed. I listen to it while observing mostly for the "intertainment"
value.

KK