Explain these Rover Pics Please!

Old August 28th 11, 03:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.philosophy
Jonathan

Default Explain these Rover Pics Please!

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
nd.com...
On 28/08/2011 7:14 PM, Jonathan wrote:
Near the edge of massive Endeavor crater

Wind certainly doesn't explain the two different terrain's.
http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/al...YP1774R0M1.JPG
http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/al...P0676L0M1.HTML

Well, for a start, one image is looking up-hill and the other is looking
down-hill.

Well I wanted to show it was at the edge of big crater, and near the edge
of this small impact crater
http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/pr...1pancam_br.jpg

This sequence shows the area around the small impact crater
http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/al...ity_n2693.html

But what I can't wait to see is what's at the bottom of the big crater.
In this overhead pic you can see the southern part of the crater,
surrounding
the central bulge, would be the place any water would pool.
http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/pr...deavour_br.jpg

And in this tantalizing shot below, you can see the southern part of the
crater floor.
And what looks like countless horizontal lines running up the hill on the
crater wall.

Maybe successive shorelines from an evaporating ice-capped lake?
http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/al...P1964L0M1.HTML

I wonder if they're going to go into the crater, or around it?
Sure would like to see what's down there, it's about the
biggest hole in the ground in this part of Mars.

Jonathan