Davoud has Failed

Old December 12th 03, 12:10 PM
Shawn Grant

Default Davoud has Failed

Davoud bragged about how much better the Mac is to the PC so I gave him a
simple task. I told him using only his Mac to tell me when is the next time
the Moon will occult Saturn visible at night in the continental US. He
failed. He never give me an answer.
Instead he dodged the topic by bring up that the fat, long haired shorts
wearing even in the winter hippy Peter Jackson edited Lord of the Rings with
a Mac. Only reason Peter edited LOTR on a Mac is because Apple paid him a
lot of money. They want the publicity to trick ignorant people like Davoud
to buy their worthless over priced junk. Peter really wanted to do the
project with a PC running Avid.
Back to the occultation. Sam Wormley the Linux user tried to help Davould
but instead he embarrassed himself by giving the date of Feb. 2, 2007. It is
true the Moon occults Saturn then but in Greenland and northern Europe not
the continental US. Sam will no doubt exact his revenge on me by posting my
phone number and address he got from yahoo phone book like he always does. I
used a PC which runs nothing but the best software at a faster speed and a
lower cost then a Mac. I used Guide 8 to find out the answer. It is Sep. 17,
2024 and will be visible in the western half of the US. Here is a screen
shot of it http://www.shawngrantsworld.com/imag...024moonsat.gif
All challenges I give Davoud he will fail and all he gives me I will pass
with flying colors because I use a PC that can do all.

Old December 12th 03, 12:52 PM
Tom

"Shawn Grant" wrote:

SG All challenges I give Davoud he will fail and all he gives me I
SG will pass with flying colors because I use a PC that can do all.

Sheesh, go easy on the guy. He bought a Sony Vaio laptop running
Win XP Pro for astronomical use. So surely he has some sense,
you think?

Old December 12th 03, 01:13 PM
Davoud

Shawn Grant:
I used a PC which runs nothing but the best software at a faster speed and a
lower cost then [sic] a Mac. I used Guide 8 to find out [sic] the answer. It is Sep. 17,
2024 and will be visible in the western half of the US. Here is a screen
shot...

*****

Bzzzzzzt! Wrong answer!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 12th 03, 01:23 PM
Shawn Grant

Bzzzzzzt! Wrong answer!

Davoud

Oh then what is the right answer? Guide is the most accurate astronomical
program for the amateur so enlighten me. I bet you can't. You just said that
to hide your shame.

Old December 12th 03, 01:35 PM
Davoud

Shawn Grant:
Oh then what is the right answer? Guide is the most accurate astronomical
program for the amateur so enlighten me. I bet you can't. You just said that
to hide your shame.

Bwaaaaaaa Ha Ha! You're the genius with all the answers. Keep trying.
Hint: Sam Wormley may not have hit it on the button, but he was 17
years closer than you were.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 12th 03, 03:07 PM
Shawn Grant

Bwaaaaaaa Ha Ha! You're the genius with all the answers. Keep trying.
Hint: Sam Wormley may not have hit it on the button, but he was 17
years closer than you were.

You know what Davoud you are wrong. Both Guide and Skytools confirms my
date.

Old December 12th 03, 03:43 PM
Davoud

Davoud:
Bwaaaaaaa Ha Ha! You're the genius with all the answers. Keep trying.
Hint: Sam Wormley may not have hit it on the button, but he was 17
years closer than you were.

Shawn Grant:
You know what Davoud you are wrong. Both Guide and Skytools confirms my
date.

You're getting in deeper all the time. Keep trying. Warning: this is
going to test your manhood.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 12th 03, 03:54 PM
Dave Jessie

Davoud wrote in message:
You're getting in deeper all the time. Keep trying. Warning: this is
going to test your manhood.

Davoud,

I hate to tell you this, but Shawn is correct:

Visible Moon / Saturn occultations visible from continental US (with implied
nighttime rather than daytime visiblity)

Aug 31, 2014 @19:06 UT (15:06 EDT) Visible from western Missouri eastward
(daylight)
Jan 5, 2019 @18:40 UT (13:40 EST) Visible from entire continental US
(daylight)
Mar 1, 2019 @18:26 UT (12:26 CST) Visible from central Texas westward
(daylight)
Jun 27, 2024 @14:56 UT (9:56 CDT) Visible from eastern Missouri westward
(daylight)
Sep 17, 2024 @ 10:08 UT (4:08 MDT) Visible from eastern Wyoming westward
(Night!)

And a question... since your email address (usenet *at* davidillig dawt com)
implies your first name is 'David', why do you sign as 'Davoud'?? Just call
me curious.

Dave Jessie (or should I sign Davoud Jessie?)

Old December 12th 03, 03:56 PM
Davoud

Dave Jessie:
And a question... since your email address (usenet *at* davidillig dawt com)
implies your first name is 'David', why do you sign as 'Davoud'?? Just call
me curious.

Please visit http://www.davidillig.com/daoud.shtml. Non commercial,
family-safe, no cookies, not even a counter on this page.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 12th 03, 04:02 PM
Dave Jessie

Davoud wrote in message:
Please visit http://www.davidillig.com/daoud.shtml. Non commercial,
family-safe, no cookies, not even a counter on this page.

No comment on the first part of the email? The part about the Moon / Saturn
occultation?

Dave Jessie